Pros & cons btwn having 3 13w6v2s(sealed) or 2 13w7s (ported)

Anonymous

i was wondering what the pros and cons of having 3 13w6v2s with a 500/1 each in a sealed box built to JL specs or 2 13w7s with a 1000/1 each ported to JL specs... how much of a factor would the exceptional xmax of the w7 would there be... i would like to reach 150 db which has been done with one 13w7 and a 1000/1 in a ported box tuned to 32 Hz ... so im confident 2 13w7s would hit 150 and still have great SQ... altho the w6v2 has even bettrer SQ.. do you think the extra surface area of the 3 13w6v2s would allow it to match the w7s in SPl? also dueo having 3 13s instead of 2 i would have to do the w6v2s in a selaed box because of room issues... so do you personally think the 3 13w6v2s could hit 150 in a sealed box with 3 500/1 amps?... just make your best prediction please... there will be 100-200 sq feet of sound deadener as well

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1012
am i the only one thats noticed soooo many people try to build these rediculous systems using JL audio?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1753
Yeah, nobody knows about anything else. They got money to blow and they think Jl is the $hit, period. HAHA. Let them buy their Jl, yeah it's good, but kiss your money good-bye.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 160
hey if they are willing to do it more power to them... i think JLs quality and performance mixed with their simple (yet amazing) look is almost irresistable lol

nobody really notices it much but a ton of people dream up RE stuff too... especially the x.x.x

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 161
hey i have another post for JL stuff lol... whats your guys opinions on the Sq of w6v2s in sealed over w6v2s in ported... or do you think they sound just as good?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us