RPM gauges?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1049
ok guys, this is odd, but yesterday after school i got in my car and turned my car on and now my rpm gauge just like shoots around and stuff...is this cause my alt cant handle what im giving it or what???? anyone have any idea, it just like jumps up alot like constently

Username: Boomingdub1331

Post Number: 3
is it mechanical or electric?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1051
what?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1005
sounds kinda like its your engine not the electrical system...

Post Number: 5
do you have a digital gauge or is it the spindle that turns and points to numbers when u rev your engine?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 314
Can you hear your car RPM actually jumping around or is it only the gauge itself?

Post Number: 7
he made it sound like it was the gauge..... so i am guessing fuse,connection or if its digital the compuer might be malfunctioning.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1055
its just the gauge...doesnt affect the real rpm's, and its the one that spins, not digi, but it must be electrical because like im pretty sure, not positive, but its hitting with the bass

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1744
If it's just the gauge then you don't have as big of problems, of course. You should get it checked out. Might have to get a new gauge or something.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1061
well joe, ive learned somen today, i decided to put my eclipse 10 al in my friends car with his 1000/1 and put all 1000/1 watts to it, and just WOW, this was honestly the first time my ears started popping and i couldnt hear, i am serious, his w7 doesnt even do that,,,his hurts my head, but this killed our ears..it was so insane..im thinking..maybe i can just get a 2000 watt rms amp, i double shot, sell my eclipse Ti and run 2 eclipse al 88100, cause i have been underestimating this sub, we ran it for like 2 housr and it just blew my mind, ill prolly stick with the Ti, but i dont wanna sell the al now, its to amazing, amybe i should just run 2 al's and i Ti, GOD it was soo intense

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1748
Nahh, just keep the Ti and get the ss box and a good amp. I'm glad it kicked @ss though, I haven't heard from many people personally how good they sound. I know what you meen about the Al's, my friend had one and we'd just sit and listen to it for ever, it sounded so nice. But honestly, your one Ti will probably still out-do 2 AL's.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1064
lol true, but maybe a regular ss box for the Ti and then a doublt shot with 2 al's lol, but i put a vid of my eclipse on realmofexcursion today, i dont know if its there yet lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1749
I really wouldn't suggest mixing The Ti's and the Al's. It's better to have all the same size and same model subs.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1067
lol i guess...but im soo impressed with them...or maybe the Ti for comps and the ss's for daily

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1750
Man, just get the d@mn SS box and an amp. You can always turn it down if your brain hurts. I will not let you sell that sub. I'll hunt you down.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1070
lol, i like to buy things

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1084
wait...you cant stop me

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 102
Hey Sub, it might be the sending unit for the tach. I actually sell BIG TRUCK parts and had to go to a couple of classes on all that stuff(wiring, electrical, etc.) The sending unit measures impedance (it has an internal magnet, usually) off the crankshaft.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 687
If its just dropping a bit when the bass hits thats probably normal. Your amp is simply asking your alternator for more power and in turn your alternator asks the same thing of your engine and it bogs down just a touch.

Ok, back to the Eclipse stuff.......

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3497
Tachs are only electrical, there are no mechanical tachs. If it's only your tach and not any other instruments, it rules out the voltage regulator for the instrument panel. If your engine were running sporadic RPMS you'd know it and I'd definately guess you'd mention it. I'd check the ground of the tach and see that, also check the connection to the ignition coil (if that specific tach connects to the ignition coil) and see if it is loose, and make sure no wires are there to interfere with it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1099
well i fixed it guys....last night i toook out my batt and let it charge all night on this thing my mom has lol, and now my rpms doesnt do it anymore, and it only did it when my music was on and my airconditiong was on slightly...and it was totally nuts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us