Best 12"

Anonymous

In your oppinion, what is the BEST 12" sub for under 300 dollars. I am mainly interested in SQ, but want SPL as well. I probably will put the sub in a slot ported box tuned to abouot ~28Hz.

I guess I would always go back to the 12W6v2 for SQ, but I really don't want JL and I know there is better for less.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Get a jensen XS 1212 they make the sickest subs on the market. If your a bit tight on cash audiovox makes some sick speaks but not as good a jensen.

Ok, so i was being sarcastic, heres the scoop;

Orion P series (or c whatever one is better) is a good sub for the price. 500 w/rms and the bass is nice and tight. Give them a try.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1040
anon,.....for sq id max is supposed to be unbelieveable..but my vote goes to the eclipse al

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 252
U can get an Acendant audio avalanche 12 for under 300 most likely( if you want to wait until it comes out), The id max is an excellent choice, probally the best at the moment.

Username: Djshyper

Dalmeny, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 4
i personally thingk the alpine type X is amoungst them all the best and its under $500.. it has 500 watt rms and a 3000 watt peak power handling and it still has the tight low bass your probly looking for and has a mad low destortion level so id go with that but yeah your choice

skyliner
Unregistered guest
IMO, the alpine type X is a great subwoofer. I got mine for $250. i listened to an Alpine
type X and a JL Audio W6v2 in a HO box side by side and I liked the type X more. bass is tight and gets very low.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1736
" personally thingk the alpine type X is amoungst them all the best and its under $500.. it has 500 watt rms and a 3000 watt peak power handling"

Actually off ebay they're close to 300 bucks shipped, and they're 1000 rms, not 500.

Username: Djshyper

Dalmeny, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 9
no no no the rms is 500 for each coil! its a dual voice coil so yeah your right if u count both coils but im just counting one and thats only 500 rms buh yeah lol

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
oh i guess i am thinking canadian dollars, because i paid 1350 for 2 type X 12's almost a year ago. I also run an orion 2500D w/cap and HO altenator and push 156 db's at the dash ...

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 80
with 2 type x 12s? very nice then

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
oh i guess i am thinking canadian dollars, because i paid 1350 for 2 type X 12's almost a year ago. I also run an orion 2500D w/cap and HO altenator and push 156 db's at the dash ...

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 319
156 with those??? did you have it metered or was it a guess?

BloodRain
Unregistered guest
Hey i am looking to buy a new stero system to compete with and i need to know what subs are the best. My buddget is $5,000

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1048
do you want sq or spl, how much room do you have to work with
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us