Head units, amps, cd changer??????

Username: James13579

Post Number: 6
ok, i got a new car last week, its a 96 monte carlo z34 with a cassette player. and i am wantin to put a few subs in with an amp. i was wondering if there is any way to put a cd changer in the back, keep the cassette player in the front but still hook up amps and subs so that they work with the radio and cd changer. i know the cd changer wires to the cassette player(or head unit) but i need to know where i should hook up the rca cables and lead wire up to, cause if i would just hook it up to the cd changer, would the amps just work with cd changer and not the radio??? or do stock head units come with the rca and lead wire outlets or wire hookups??? it sounds a little crazy, but any help will work, just tryin to figure a way to do this without tearin up the dash a whole lot. thankx, bye.....

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 336
If you really want good sound I would reomend gettign rid of the factory tape deck. If you were to get an add on changer the sound wold not be all that clear becasue it would use an fm modulator which menas your cd sound would now sound like a regular fm station. Plus to do all of that you would have to tear down the dash anyway.

Just get a nice cd radio with a preamp subwoofer output on it and you will be straight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us