First sound system

Username: Ignite

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Well im 15 years old, and i have a 96 impala, and i have no sound system. Im going to start entering so local competitions, but this will be my daily driver car. But to the point would 1 15" MT in a SS enclousre being fed 3000watt rms be loud enough to be heard blocks away. i Know that i shoulkdnt get a sound system to annoy people, but it was a bet between me and some frineds that i could have 1 sub and be heard much further than they could be heard. One of my frineds have a 2 12" X.X.X tuned to 32 being with 1000w rms each another has a 2 juggernaut 15" being fed 750w rms by an mtx 1501d tuned to 35. And would the MT be louder than the subs i named above

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 273
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=835

Username: Ignite

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
yeh see thats the thing J.W i dont how much xmax a MT has. I only know the motor strength

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 277
good point. re's website doesnt list any standardized specs for the MT, so i guess it would be tough to compare in that sense. plus they would all be run by different amps in diff enclosures. it'll be crazy loud; i can tell you that :-)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1065
You might also want to check out DD sub's.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 277
The mt is most likely inthe 35-38mm range in xmax. But in competition, its not about xmax. Subs burp at the tuning of the car, this is where the box has the most mechanical control over the subs movement. So motor strength and the subs ability to handle high wattage is more important than a sql or sq sub. To determine how loud your system will be compared to your friends a couple factors will have to be evaluated. 1st - what type of cars do your friends and you drive. 2nd - what is your budget. 3rd - what does your existing system consist of.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us