Whats better on a amp EQ's or crossovers

Username: Chevelle

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 9
I want to fine tune my amp alittle more i'm running one amp noe is it better to get like a profile QX8 subwoofer only crossover or something like the lanzar vibe xe3 with a 5 band eq and a crossover built in it.Whats better for fine tuneing the amp better.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1904
If you're looking for better sound control, do NOT buy Lanzar/Pyle/Pyramid/Sony products.
Parametric equalizer is your first choice, then equalizer, Active Crossover, then passive crossover.

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 10
so i should buy a parametric EQ right now what brand do you reccomend

Gold Member

Post Number: 1909
Well I'll list starting with one of the best. Zapco, PPI, RF, Kicker, Memphis etc. It's a bit harder to set than a regular equalizer but will give you tighter sound control. If you have a RTA, then use it. It'll help tremendously.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 11
what is a RTA i'm alittle new to this

Gold Member

Post Number: 1910
RTA is Real Time Analyser. It's used to display the frequency spectrum of audio signals.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 652
Dude, depending on your amp an upgrade in that area(amp w/ built in xover) would probably improve sound quality better than any EQ. Garbage in, garbage out. Isaac is referring to stuff that may cost more than your entire system.

Post what you got. It'll help us help you.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 12
well the amp has a xover in it i want to fine tune it alittle more it's a volfenhag zx-7180 a set of 10"s that can handle up to 2200w.She hits hard as *** but i want to fine tune it just a bit more then the built in xover

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 653
You don't need a crossover then. Soundstream makes some pretty inexpensive quasi-parametric EQ's.

http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_processors.html

If you have a half din space available in your dash you could tweak to your heart's content with style.

Here's a quick link to a 5X0:

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/MPQ-5XO.html

However, until you get another amp for your mids and highs you will only be able to take advantage of one frequency band and to be honest, another amp is where I would spend my money first.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 13
ok for the mid and highs what would be a good size speaker i can use

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 655
6 1/2's would be good if you can fit em in your car. I have a set of MB Quart 5 1/4" Q's which have pretty good midbass for 5 1/4's, but I sure wish I had at least 6 1/2's.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 14
ok now as far as the amp setting with the lpf-full- hpf switch i want to set that on hpf right for the highs and mids or not.Well the EQ is on the way wasn't sure some of the guys around here use 6/9's

abe
Unregistered guest
get a 11 band alpine eq!!! the 3331 or the g-180! cant get any better than that on a buget

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 15
ok as far as the 6 1/2 highs and mids how big of a amp do you run some over the 6 1/2 only go to about 200w and ar the hooked up in stereo mode

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 16
you can't find them they stoped makeing them from what i was told the 3331 and the g180 alpine

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 17
Is 240w to big for mids and highs for 6 1/2 speakers and do i bridge them or stereo mode i have my other amp in stereo mode at 2ohm or bridge both amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us