Glasswolf...question?

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 240
You had mentioned in the what kind of fuse? thread earliar "use 2ga line from alternator to battery, battery to ground, and battery to amps.
split to 4ga for each amplifier and amp ground.
use a fused distribution block, and put a 50A fuse for each amp.
at the battery, you'll want a single in-line ANL style 150A fuse or thermal circuit breaker as a main dead short protection also.

you'll want to consider going up to a 150-200A alternator for this system if you plan to drive it pretty hard. may also consider a 1Fd cap for each sub amplifier in addition to the alternator, and perhaps a new battery like an Optima red top if you run the system with the engine off for more than 15 minutes or so between drives".

ok now one thing i forgot to mention was that i actually have a new BATCAP model 800 Stereo Battery which is 30%cap/70%battery. Im sure you have heard about them. Anyways i will be using them instead of caps for the subs. Let me know hwo to incorporate this into the setup you already mentioned..thanks bud

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 58
the batcaps reccomend connecting both pos and neg directly to the battery and never a chassis ground. i reciently installed my batcap, wasn't sure about running a pos and neg wire from the battery to the trunk for the bat cap, but it works great. then just hook your amps to the batcap.
heres their installation link if you don't already have it.

http://www.batcap.net/Installation.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
thanks brandon but Glasswolf how whould i Set it up the way you had mentioned with this included along with the other instructions..

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
You had mentioned in the what kind of fuse? thread earliar "use 2ga line from alternator to battery, battery to ground, and battery to amps.
split to 4ga for each amplifier and amp ground.
use a fused distribution block, and put a 50A fuse for each amp.
at the battery, you'll want a single in-line ANL style 150A fuse or thermal circuit breaker as a main dead short protection also.

you'll want to consider going up to a 150-200A alternator for this system if you plan to drive it pretty hard. may also consider a 1Fd cap for each sub amplifier in addition to the alternator, and perhaps a new battery like an Optima red top if you run the system with the engine off for more than 15 minutes or so between drives".

ok now one thing i forgot to mention was that i actually have a new BATCAP model 800 Stereo Battery which is 30%cap/70%battery. Im sure you have heard about them. Anyways i will be using them instead of caps for the subs. Let me know hwo to incorporate this into the setup you already mentioned..thanks bud

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
?

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
?glasswolf where are you

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1912
Glasswolf is getting hitched again. Might be gone for a bit again. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
lol..yeah where is he when you need him

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7492
I've been working on the car. keeps me away from the PC.

I'm not a big fan of batcaps. they don't replace the need for a larger alternator, they don't do anything a good RG deepcycle battery can do, and capacitors should be as close to the amplifiers as possible since all teh cap usually does is supply current more quickly when needed.
This means the batcap should be isolated from a separate starter battery, and should be placed in the car's trunk, near the amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
glass im not replacing the batcap with an alternator. I am upgrading to a 150amp alternator and adding a batcap to the trunk next to my amplifiers instead of a 2 caps. IN that case i think its better. I just was trying to figure out how i whould add the batcap. Whould just replace the caps position on the installation?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7504
yeah. doing that you're in good shape.
only way to effectively use one of those.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us