Is Audiobahn any good?

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
Ive heard all you guys talkin about DD, jeez lol i cant remember all the other different brands that you guys mention. Is aduiobahn any good? Ive heard there stuff sunds asume.

Im looking at getting some new stuff, im gonna spend about 5grand or so. I want SQL and a hardcore pound . i want nice bass, plenty of it, and be able to actually hear some vocals lol. any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1755
No their stuff isn't "asume." I'm not gonna even start with audiobahn. Just wait till the other 200 million people post in here.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1085
ok..5 grand..and you think of audiobahn?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 166
5 grand and audiobahn.... its like a broken record... 5 grand... hey you can be one of the people that spends a ton of money onJL equipment! "asume!" lol... pick one... JL, RE, Eclipse ///after you randomly select one of the previous brands i;ll give you an idea for 5 grand

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 167
although dont get me wrong... there are much more great brands

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
So audiobahn suks? everyone in my town has audiobahn and there systems sound great. If audiobahn sucks what do you guys recomend i should get

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1088
you think there systems sound great because you have no real systems to test...ill give you a awesome system right now

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 169
it sounds great because youve never heard anything else... audiobahns will get loud while they work... they have no sound quality and then they go splut ... JL audio has equipment that can get loud and sound great... all your firends will be so jelous... so does eclipse and resonant engineering... image dynamics is leaned more towards SQ and you seem like your interested in SPL ... Digital designs has great SPl .. but im sure you will be happy with an SQL system like W7s or x.x.x or Tis or maybe even w6v2s

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1090
k but do this....if you want soment aht looks good...as long as pounds the same....IMO eclipse lol bad a$$....so do this...get 2 15 inch eclipse ti pro's (dual 2 ohm)(1600)
2 PPI DCX-1500.1 amps(1200)
2 SS boxes single shot...they dont make a double shot for 15's...(600)
New HO alternator...with deep cycle batteries(500) 120 squarefeet of EdeadV1 (120)
00 gauge wiring kits (200)..way to much...just installation and everything...lets put shipping someonwere in the 400's...
Grand total= $4420...Hows that sound

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 685
Its all relative. Audiobahn may not be great, but its a lot better than Kraco or Sparkomatic(before y'alls time?). Nah, it probably doesn't suck, but like Subfan said there's a lot better stuff out there you haven't heard yet.

Oh man, what I could do with 5 grand.

:-)

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 270
For sql go with a pair of RE XX.X 15", each with its own amp(ex. kx1200.1). A high end HU from Alpine, clarion, eclipse, ect. A component set from Dynaudio, a/d/s, focal, ect. A good 200 watt 2ch amp from us amps, zapco, ect. A custom sealed or ported box. New alt. and battery. All new wiring. Maybe a capacitor to finish it off.

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
That sounds pretty good

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1757
Fishy, Kraco? Sounds like the street name for a crack dealer. Lol, and who would name their company Sparkomatic... Man, they musta been asume.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 172
if you want a crazy loud system for 5 grand... okay heres my razy idea that i just came up with... 1 15 inch woofer (trust me you blow away your friend's firend's friend's) the subwoofer is a 15 inch eclipse Ti Pro .. its 3000 watts RMS and 5000 watts peak... 900$$ found here...
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=279&1=285&3=1918

next amps... hmm ask around for other opinions but im lookin towards what i would do is 2 Jl 1000/1 amps one for each voice coil (which i believe is dual 4 ohm..some1 correct me if im wrong!!) because JL will give you that full 1000watts at 4 ohms ... thats about 1500 for both on the same website...

then you need highs... and an amp for them.. 450/4 amp is 580 ... get 2 componant sets... diamond audio s600 i think... thats 660

then you ned a 235 amp alternator, 2 yellow top batteries... and lets say a 5-10 farad capacitor... thats like 900 total in this category... lets add it up!

4540!!! and you can buy urself some skill with the leftover lol... just kiddin

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 173
okay wel i started typin b4 all of you i just am slow lol... and subfan.. where are u finding 2 15 ti pros for 1600? and with those ppi amps your only going to be able to push them to half the RMS

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
well i want to be able to hit at least 2000wRms and i jus looked at those brands you guys suggested and they dident get to many good reveiws well i dont know what im going to do

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 176
whoa buddy... eclipse ti pro is an excellent subwoofer... and its about 2000 times better than any audiobahn... and the amps i sugested .. the JL 1000/1s and 450/4 are some of the best amps made... also i suggested excellent highs... with those 2 amps for the sub youd be hitting 2400 watts RMS ... 4800 watts max...

stop listening to your friends... i promis you if you do my idea you will not only be happy, you will make your friends jelous, and you will go deaf...but you will have fun doing it! lol that system i suggested will be louder than any of your friends systems and sound wayyyyy better too... just do it man.. you nkow you want to

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
Ok i made my descion i am going with Trevor,s idea, it better be wurth it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1096
your goign to cry

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 177
lmao .. thats so funny... a 5 grand decision made just like that... you will blow your own mind man... let me knwo how it sounds lol

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
i better

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 179
you really dont knwo what yoru buying do you... you think yoru friends audiobahns are loud... trust me... when you hear this you will not want to sit in your car with the volume all the way up...its gona be insane! and by th way... make sure you have a really good box built for it... id prolly use 1 inch MDF all around and make sure the specs are good... or you can prolly go with subfans idea of a SS box...

and subfan do you have all your equipment hooked up? hows it sound if ya do?

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
acualy you know what i dont think eclips would be could for me,i am looking for subs to compete with and eclips jus dosent do it for me. There overrated.

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
would those subs sound good with Metallica

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 180
you could compete way better with eclipse than audiobahn...and i dont knwo what would sound good with metalica... i listen to rap... you are very hard to please for some1 who knows nothing... u were happy with audiobahn and now u cant accept eclipse... okay next thought then... www.reaudio.com 2 10 inch MT subs... with w/e amps... those will be loud for ya too ... or go with like 8 8w7s that'll give ya tight bass...
bottom line, i dont know what to say ... i guess some1 else will have to help u

bloodrain
Unregistered guest
i am going with eclips

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1759
Wait a minute guys. He want's hardcore sql. I would personally shy away from the TI Pro if he wants all out sql. Not sure how Metallica would sound on a Pro, but they're more spl oriented. For all out sql your really not gonna beat the Re X.x.x. Yes, the Ti Pro will be louder, but I'm thinking the X.x.x will work better for what you want.

blood
Unregistered guest
so X.x.x is what i need

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1761
If your gonna want excellent sql, yes. That will suit your rock listening better. I love Metallica, but when I played it on my old system which was more spl than anything else, it sounded pretty bad.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1765
I'd recommend something like an RE X.X.X 15" and an Ed Nine.1 or something along that line for an amp. You don't need to run the full 1600 watts rms to the re, 1200 rms would run it great. Plus, that sub and amp is gonna cost you more than half as much as a TI Pro and the amp(s) to run it. You'll have more money to spend on better components/amps or a really nice headunit, if that's what you wanna do.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 271
That was my suggestion.
Just look at the math.
An audiobahn immortal, their top sub line, only has an xmax(the max excursion capabilities of the sub in one direction) of 16.5 mm.
A RE XX.X 15 has an xmax of 32 mm. That double the amount of air displacement. And moving air makes spl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us