Irrate with noise

Bronze Member
Username: Mackevion

Post Number: 30
hello guys...
i'm having problems with excess noise coming from my 12's. i dont hear he noise when the car is off, and i hear the noise every other time i cut the car on. so could it be the amp, alternator, or ground. i have thoroughly checked the grounds. i'm running a 300a fuse to a 100 a fuse to a capacitor which is 1 farad. i am then running the capacitor into my 1400 watt amp.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 432
are your RCA's run along side your power wire?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
no, i have the power wire on a side by itself. i have rewired the whole system twice and i am still getting a constant thump thru my speakers no matter if the engine is off or on. i have even gone to the extreme of re wiring my subs in the enclosure. i dont know what to do. i might just junk the whole system. by any chance do you think my pioneer head unit may be the problem. it is a deh-6400...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
or, do you think i need a HO alternator

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1660
What kind of noise is it? A constant thump is a lot different than an annoying whine which would probably just be bad ground or rca problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
its actually not a whine at all. it sounds like a heartbeat coming thru my subs. i hear the noise when i pause my cd player or when i have the volume down low

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 143
your amp probably has input detect when there is a signal the amp turns on and when there's none it turns off.

and the thump you hear is the amp turning on but i've never heard that before in car audio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us