Reinforcing the car?

Bronze Member
Username: Coolcardude

Or

Post Number: 11
around how many db's does it take before you have to start reinforcing the car and windows and door panels and stuff? and what exactely do you have to do?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 943
im not hijacking your thread lol..sorry though its just a similar question...but i saw some vids of comps and stuff and people were hitting like 159 and 160 and they like were having to hold the door in place and like every wall of the van was flexing...and how come on some that hit that hard you dont ahve to?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1649
Depends on the car sometimes. A lot of major competators do reinforce their cars though. I've seen some put stuff in their doors, (even concrete) they put extra layers of metal over the doors, they get super heavy plexiglass or something similar and put that in place of anything glass, (they usually bolt it on). Sometimes they just put patches over the edges of the door and bolt everything shut, so the only door is the driver's.

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 79
if the walls, floors, roof...ect flex, you lose db's, or if the glass breaks, you lose almost all db's, lol

if your car is concrete, it won't flex, and plexiglass won't break so you won't lose anything

when your windshield blows off the car, thats when you know you need to do some bracing

Bronze Member
Username: Coolcardude

Or

Post Number: 12
ok so i guess il jus worry about it when i brake a windshield. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us