Isaac or Glasswolf question?...

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 394
My system for the time being until i upgrade to a HO alternator will consist of the following. Eclipse 8454 HU and Image Dynamics CXS62 Componants running off a PPI art 300.2 and a JL 500/1 pushing one 10W7 in a H.O. Prowedge custom jl box. I may consider a 12w7 instead but it depends. Let me know what your suggestion is to that. TO cap off i will be using a BatCap model 800 stereo battery and i have the link to that here. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5762465670 %26%26 Will i need anything else to supply the electrical system. My stock alternator is 80amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
10W7 it is.. let me know guys

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1590
well the 500/1 alone draws 47 amps of current, and the PPI will prolly do about 30, i would think this would run fine until you get a new alt, but i would suggest getting the alt as sooon as you can

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
Seriesly..lol..that kinda gets me worried cause all these dealers sell there audio and install professionally but they dont carry HO alternators..They could make some good money if they did and installed also. Have you ever thought about this? I thought i whould be safe with my setup as i mentioned above going with batcap model 800 stereo battery but according to subfanatic i guess not for long..I guess your electrical system is never safe enough without the good old never sold alternator at dealers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
In case anyone doenst know what a BatCap model 800 does or a batcap in general here is more info http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5762465670 %26%26

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1622
well im sure it could do it, maybe, im not sure about those abtcaps, i havent used one so im not partial to them,,,,YET i want one pretty bad lol, see what jon says

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Yeah i have it here but i havent installed the system yet.. Thanks man

Silver Member

Post Number: 418
The batcap i bought is from that link on ebay i posted above and his name is rick and hes really knowledgable about car audio. I will find out when i get it all installed.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1648
cool, tell me if you think i should get onwe

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
will do subfanatic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts