Bass on a budget HELP

Username: Okiefocie

Post Number: 6
Ok I am on a very tight budget and am looking at installing 2

Kicker 03C12-4
Kicker 12" Component 4-ohm Subwoofer

in a custom sealed box in the back of a Ford Focus ZX3 (hatchback)

With a Budget in mind I need some advice on an amp choice. I want something that will compliment these subs at a good price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Username: Yhammack

Post Number: 8
Not sure how much power you need but these amps are great for the price
http://www.avionixxusa.com/ep/products.htm
They run a little warm but seem to hold up very well. I have 2 of them in a 03' Malibu Wakesetter and haven't had any problems yet.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 935
Avionixx is good.
JBL is another option.
www.etronics.com
look at the BP300.1 and BP600.1
300W x 1 and 600W x 1 @ 2 Ohms respectively.

Username: Tomt813

Post Number: 7
For the BIGGEST bang for your buck, check out
www.credencespeakers.com
These guys built Kickers for years. Now they are building speakers just like them, but with their name on them and selling them dirt cheap. I have seen a few of the Credence speakers on eBay every now and then. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079259782&rd=1

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
really tom??
i am a little confused please clarify since according to credence's website they say they have been around 26 years and kicker i.e. stillwater designs was founded in 1973 making them the older company for almost 31 years now.
as far as i am aware of kicker speakers adn subwoofers by stillwater designs are all still made by their facility in oklahoma.
please if you dont mind tell me the source of your information and there looks to be quite a design difference between credence and kicker and i feel that while credence may be decent they dont seem to have the same level of quality of kicker.
thanks in advance for any additional information you can provide to back up your claim.
jay

S T F U
Unregistered guest
dude do me a favor will you?
STFU and stop blatantly pimiping s h i t.

Username: Tomt813

Post Number: 8
Well Jay,

About that made in Oklahoma thing........

The boxes that my buddy's Kickers came in say "MADE IN CHINA".

As far as I am aware, China is not even close to Oklahoma!!!!!!

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
yes your right and i was unaware of that and in that case i can now safely say your credence and the kickers are a POS, thanks for making that bit of news available to me and its been awhile since ive messed with kicker and now im glad i havent had to design an install around one id hate to put my hands on it.
the only thing good that comes out of china is bruce lee and maybe general tsao's chicken!
jay
p.s. and for the record i clearly remember when kicker was made here and those are or were very good subs for the money.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1300
when the solobarics were round, and made for small air spaces.
I remember too.
heh
back then I was looking at doing a whole car in Competition "C" series components from them.. at the time I was trained by Kicker for their drivers. Good stuff back then, but probably like Orion, PPI, etc that Directed owns now.
all moved overseas.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
hey wolf, yeah its sad i hate to see companies with once reputable products adn names go this route and it seems more cases than not their product suffers and they ride on only their name and a reputation they built up in the past. in fact i remember when pyle wasnt where they are at today and then there are so many new companies and names out there i think i miss the days of the 80's when it was all just a little more simpler...lol maybe i just need a rocking chair :D
jay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us