Question about frequency response....(polk vs. pioneer)

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 89
im decideing between the polk db570 2 way, and the pioneer 3-way TS6870R for front speakers

$100 polk 52-22K
$50 pioneer 30-28K
wont the pioneers be able to hit lows better than the polks? which one do you think is the better deal?
i dont have subs...

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 75
coaxal speakers aren't able to reproduce sounds that low anyway. they won't sound good anyway.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
well, what about components? how low will they sound good?

Bronze Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 76
components can get a lil lower, but usually anything below 60-80 hertz if for subs. you'll get a thump in your chest, but not much from a set of components.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i see. i'll add subs after the components. i have factory speakers in my car right now. where do i put each of the three parts of the component set? i kno that the actual woffer speaker goes where the factory speaker was, and i kno that i have to put the tweeter somewhere... near the... ok. no clue. i also dont kno where that other thing goes. help!

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 106
the crossover. That goes im not sure to tell u the truth. The tweeter can be mounted many different ways. It depends on the components you get b/c some kinds can be mounted in more ways that others. I-mount, Flush, and angle are common ones. Couldn't tell ya how to do it tho. Not so sure myself

Bronze Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 81
most people use the 45 degree mount and put the tweeters on the panels that cover your side view mirror connections or just use a hole saw to cut a hole somewhere they like in the door panel and flush mount the tweeter there. it just depends on the components, some can compensate for the seperation of the woofer and tweeter, some won't. it should tell you in the spec book. you can usually go to the manufacturer's web site and look at the book there before you buy the speakers.
crossovers as far as i know can be put anywhere you want as long as they stay dry. just remember you'll have to run wires from the amp to the crossover and from the crossover to the tweeter and woofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us