Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1310
nicccceeeeee......

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3404
Seeing afterbirth and an umbilical cord combined with a swollen, sweaty wife that is ready to kill you isn't exactly my idea of a "good day". Holding your baby is the only magic of the entire process.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1596
well I just had a stereo shoot out with one of my buddies who has 2-RFt2 15's in a jeep grand cherokee with a RF 2000 watt mono amp in a 6cu/ft slot ported enclosure with Late night tip against my 1 avalanche 15 in a 2.5 cu/ft sealed with my PPI a600 running it In my Jeep cherokee we had three of our friends judge and guess who won guys? yup the avalanche took them down. You should have seen his face he was soooooo pissed but he couldnt help but laugh at the end so he said he is removing his back seat and getting two more t2's I said forget that sell the 2 you got now and get two aval's he wsa like ohhhhhhhh yeah maybe I'll do that. it was a trip just thought you might be interested in hearing that

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1313
Hey James, Chad got back to me and he said that the Orion 250g4 running to the Avalanche in a 2-2.5 cf sealed box would be quote "PERFECT." Now my only dillema is which way to go... make the box on the bigger side and I'll get a little more low end out of the Aval, but if I go smaller I'll get more "kick" out of it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1600
go 2.5 you wont be unhappy

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1314
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I know it will already be loud, I think I'm gonng try to get more sq out of it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1602
yeah I hear ya. The SQ is very very good. so did you order it yet or not?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1315
Lol, that's gonna take a little while. I am probably gonna get the Orion Sunday, if not some time next week hopefully. I kinda wanna get the amp first because there's only 2 on ebay right now. I really don't think it matters what I get first, I'm still gonna have to wait to get everything else.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1316
Actually I just checked and there's like 7 on ebay now. Isaac wasn't kidding when he said there's always one on ebay. I still wanna get the amp first, dunno why, maybe I can throw a sub on it I have sitting around. I'm going crazy not having a system in my car right now.

James I got a question about the HCAA 250g4. How come it seems like there's so many different variations? Are they just from different years? All 6 or 7 on ebay are different looking.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1603
there is the g4,g5,r,copetition,and digital refference. The type r is without the x-over I believe,the g4 and gs are the same amp just one is red & silver and one is all red(they are the ones to get) and I am not sure about the digital refference or the comp amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 83
Uh oh, this looks as if it is going to be the new "Walmart???" thread ;)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1604
I dont see the comparison the wal-mart thread was about a amp wiring kit?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1318
Honestly TB, do you ever say anything intelligent?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1323
Yeah, I just noticed that a couple are the competition and reference's. Hey James, if your in the helpfull mood tonight you'll type go on ebay, type in "orion 250" and tell me which ones would work the best, lol.... Your so kind.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1612
no prob bro

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1613
no prob bro

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1329
Gosh, thanks. lol. I'm not as familiar with some of these older amps.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1614
do you use the x-over on your deck for your sub's?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1330
I could but I rather wouldn't really. My last amp had a low pass filter and I was using Harrison Labs fmods for the high pass since my sub was ported. I'm just using the the hp filter on my alpine for my speakers.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1616
got ya. Ok I was gonna say you can use the 250r if you want to use the LP on your deck thats what I use cause my PPI has no x-over.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1333
Ok. But should all the HCCA 250's be pretty much the same quality? I think they all put out the same power, unless some are different. I really don't know if some are more expensive than others. Are the main differences some with out filters and stuff like that?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1619
yes but the only one I am not sure about is the digital reference. Saying digital makes me believe it is class d but I am not sure ask Isaac.
I am going out to get drunk maybe I will try to post when I get home uttt ohhh!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1621
Hey Joe any luck with that amp search last night?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1350
Well, I'm definitely getting one off ebay. They're like 500 bucks if you get them anywhere else. I'd still like to know all the differences between the different models. Most of them on ebay are the Digital Reference's. I think Isaac said there's really no difference between the g4's and the g5's. Not sure about the competition one's either, they say they have a built in crossover...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1358

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1640
I dont know either man I am pretty sure the comp amps are very good as well. I wish there was a sight we could go read about each model. I am sure there is I am gonna look for it now.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1361
Yeah, I'll look too.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1366
Now I don't think there's even one model called just "competiton." So far I've found:

Orion HCCA 250r
Orion HCCA 250 Digital Reference
Orion HCCA 250 G4
Orion HCCA 250 G5

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1373
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/125953.html

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1374
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna just go with a G4. I read through the manual on the net for a G4, and it sounds perfect. I won't need a bridging module with a G4, and the G4 was made before the DEI buyout. I wish I could find one for a good price other than ebay though. There's only one on right now, and it's refurbished.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1650
yeah I hear ya man. Dude give it a week or so one will pop up on Ebay.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1391
I sent the people with the refurb one a message; asked them when it was refurbished as in whether Orion or Directed Audio did it, and I told them if they knock the price down some I'll buy it :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1394
I wonder if Isaac knew there was a 275 on there that sold for a little over 300? I know he was complaining abouit losing an auction on a 275 G4 a little while ago.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1653
thats a really big amp :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1397
I know, I was watching it just to see what it ended at, I couldn't believe the price.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1656
yeah thats a really good price.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1451
Hey James, there's a 250g4 on ebay right now at $157. Twiztid is actually the higest bidder right now I think, Isaac said he recognized his ebay name. They guy said he got it out of a totaled car, and he doesn't know if it works or not, never tried it. It looks like it's in perfect condition though. Think I should try for it?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1707
I actually live right next to that guy I was talkingto him today If you want it try it if not I was gonna grab it lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1455
Jesus, I wish you woulda tried it or something. The price is good right now, not sure how high Twiztid want's to go, but I would probably cry if I got it and it didn't work... this sucks...

Daniel White
Unregistered guest
Sorry, but kind of a noob question. Would 1, 15" Brahma or Avalanche or RE X.X.X. for around $230 be louder/better than 2, 12" Alpine Type-R 1221D's? Just thought id ask some experts.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1457
I think I'm gonna go for it. How much do you think it would cost to get it fixed by some slim change that it didn't work?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 312
how do you think a 15" Diamond audio TDX compares to an avalanche???????

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 827
this has gotten really off track hasnt it

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1458
I know. QUIT THREAD HIJACKING. Go start your own threads. Sub what do you think about the g4? It looks like it's in perfect condition, but the guy hasn't run it to see if it works.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1715
yea Joe i dont kow how high it will go but I am sure you could get it fixed for around $75 or so depending on what was wrong prob cheaper but I bet it will work fine. Dude you know what. I could buy it go check it out and hook it up cause I would meet up with him. if it didnt work I could tell him I dont want it. But he said it had to be paid through paypal so I dont know man.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 313
sorry about the jacking, just didnt think anyone would mind since everyone has been on a different topic since almost the beginning. My post atleast mentioned the Avalanche.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1717
I have never heard the diamond tdx so I couldnt tell ya. I have heard good things about them but never heard on personally.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1460
Sorry Chris, I wasn't talking about you. The other guy's question had no relevance. Not sure how the TDX would be compared to the Avalanche. I know James would say that under 800 watts the Avalanche will definitely be better.

James, do you meen you'd buy it and check it out and then sell it to me? You already have a g4 on the way right?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1461
I don't want you to have to fa.rt around with this. I'm think I'm just gonna go 4 it. If it is hurt, it can't be anything too bad, unless it was fried and that's why the guy left it in his car. What's the worst that could happen to it if his car was in an accident?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1719
I would go for it dude. like I said I was going to bid on it as well but I will hold off for you man:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1464
Yeah. Thanks man. I think I've made up my mind. If Twiztid and Isaac thinks it's good then I'll go for it. Isaac was even gonna go for it but he said he was gonna hold off for Twiz.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1723
yup I was gonna go for it to but I'll hold off for you.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1470
Okey Dokey. 1 hour and 22 mins, left. I'm gonna wait till about midnight and then bid on it. I'm thinking I'll put the max bid at $200. How high would you pay for it?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1479
James what the frick did that guy do with the amp? I was outbid on it last night at the last second, but he put the amp back up as buy it now for my last bid price because the winner couldn't pay for it. I got on this morning and found out, so I went right to the auction to buy it only to find that the guy ended the auction early? What the hell.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1725
I have no idea man I went to sleep. that sucks.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1483
Hey, if you hear anything more from that guy abotut he 250g4 tell me. But I'm pretty sure now that I'm gonna go in with Marshall White and get one of those 275g4's that guys is selling as a pair. I'm not sure on the specs of the 275, but for 300 bucks Isaac said I should definitely get it, and that it wouldn't bee too much for the Avalanche.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1755
thats a huge amp. Are you sure marshall is still getting them last I heard he wasnt getting them. Dude that amp will absolutely slam the hell out of that sub seriously! not in a bad way in a like rattle your brain out way lol!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1488
Yeah, I'm not sure if Marshall is still in, he said he's tight on money. He said if you or somebody else wanted to get in on it with me they can.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1762
hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I might be down for that

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1491
It's such a nive big shiny amp, you know you want it. You have to have it....

Marshal is out for sure now, I think he's gonna get an Audiobahn or something.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1763
did you get the info on who we need to contact for this? just what I need a new amp laying around that I have no use for lol!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1765
hey Joe where you at PUNK!LOL

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1492
Yeah yeah, I'm back. I had to eat. Ok, let me try to find this guy.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1495
Here's the guy at the forum Marshall found him at: http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=008968

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1767
alright man I gotta run out and work a little bit but I will be back on later

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1496
Alright, I'll check back later.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1768
hey Joe that link didnt work it said I have requested a page that didnt exist.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1497
You gotta copy and past the whole thing.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1778
hey Joe you still interested?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1543
Heck yes. I'm still waiting to hear back from that guy. Marshall still doesn't know if he has enough money or not. If I hear from this guy and marshall still doesn't know I don't wanna wait around for him. I want the stinking amp.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1781
hahahahaha cause I am getting a HCCA 250GS also and I dont know what the hell I am gonna do with both these amps but whatever it doesntr matter I am in if marshall isnt.lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1545
Yeah, with that kinda power I wish I could get a bigger sub, Isaac said it should be something like 1500 watts rms at 1 ohm at full potential. Less at lower voltage of course, but still. I really wanna get the Avalanche though, so I'll just try it and see how everything works together.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1546
I think my friend's made has made up his mind on the 15" x.x.x over the IDMAX. So I think sometime I wanna try the IDMAX out.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1783
its a fantastic sub

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1547
Hmm... Avalanche or ID MAX. From what you've said the Avalanche would be louder, and the sq is awsome anways.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1785
yeah I would go avalanche much more SPl also it is a 15 that make s ahuge difference.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1548
Yeah, I know. I'm going with it. I can't wait till he get's his stuff and we can compare the x.x.x to the Avalanche.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1793
yeah that should be a nice comparison. How much power is he gonna be putting to the REXXX? if you are putting 1200 to the avalanche I have a feeling you will be louder unless he goes SS or something.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1552
Well, I think he's gonna get an Ed Nine.1
He wants to push as much as he can to it, but I keep telling him it'll reach full excursion with a lot less than 1600 watts. I know Glass said that he's running something like 1280 rms to each of his x.x.x's, so I think 1200 would work great for it.

Hey, has Chad ever said what the limits of the Avalanche are? I know it can take quite a bit more than it says, but what's the limit? I don't wanna fry it with a 275g4.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1795
well I posted today over on the ascendant forum asking if it will take 1500 all day long so I am one step ahead of you buddy:-) I will let you know what response's I get. I will go check now to see if I got any.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1553
Alright.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1797
ok from what I gather is that the avalanche is a 800 rms sub. This guy who has 4 of them in his suburban who is a big shot over on the forum says he runs 1500 to each all day long but when he blows them he is ready to send them back to get them re-coned. I dont think you want to go there cause I sure dont. I know isaac says have volume control but I think that amp is just to big for these subs. I think I am just gonna get the 250GS

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1798
this is another reply :I personally think it would work fine. Understand that a burned up coil is not covered under warranty, and the thermal rating of this driver is 800 watts.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1557
Yeah, I figured that, but I kinda don't have a 2504 all lined up like you do.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1802
dude ok check this out. Isaac got his amps from this guy Ron who I have been dealing with. He just got the brand new plugs in today and is ready to ship it out. I already have an amp and my system sounds great I will let you have this one man if you want it. I am gonna kick myself in the a$$ after you hook it up and tell me it sounds absolutely amazing.lol but if you want it man you can have it I know how hard you've been looking for one.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1561
Are you serious? Where can I talk to this guy? How much? Can I use Paypal? You've got me excited. James I love you. I love you man...!!!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1807
yes he takes paypal dude do you still have my e-mail address that I e-mailed you from like two weeks ago? use that one if you do if not use the one I have on here but leet me know after you do it.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1562
Use what email? Your email? What???

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1808
OK you must have been dropped on your head as a baby!LOL! alright man I am gonna send you an e-mail with all his info what email address do you want me to send it to?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1564
Ohhhh, lol. Send it to rjsatt@avci.net that's the one that our paypal account is registered to.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1811
yeah thats the one you gave me when I e-mailed you about the brahma's

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1812
ok I sent it ot you

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1566
Hey, try sending it to my hotmail address once. Our stupid regular email address has a pretty strict filter, so I think your email got put in the spam quaranteen thingy.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1569
Hey, never mind, I got the email. I gotta eat, I'll read it later on tonight. I put your email address on the safe list, lol, stupid spam filter.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1813
ok

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1570
Alright james, I sent him an email. Told him the whole story, I blew my amp and am in desperate need, that your my brother in law and you'd pass this amp up for me since I've been looking for a 250 G4. lol.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1815
good deal I just sent you another e-mail to your 2hotforHunter@hotmail.com address so disreguard that one. Let me know what he says.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1573
Very funny....

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1576
You said it was all ready to be shipped out? Hopefully I can get it tonight or tomorrow.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1824
yeah he said it was ready for shipment today so he should be able to send it tomarrow or friday.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1579
Alright cool, I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1606
Hey James, this Ron guy says the Amp is a 250 GS? He says it's pretty much the same as the G4 but a different color. This wasn't a model made after the Directed Buy out was it?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1863
nope its the same exact model as the G4 but its all red not red and silver. buy it!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1610
Alright, thanks. I'm gonna try to buy it tonight. I'm in g@y school right now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us