Face Plate Light Wont Turn On

Username: Braddawg22

Post Number: 1
I have wired many CD players into many cars, but this one CD player have different colors wires and what not, the sound works, but the Light for the face plate wont turn on. I took the CD player out of a 93 Explorer, where the light was working, and put it into a 97 Stratus, and then into a 90 Dakota. The light wouldnt work in either the Stratus or Dakota. Any ideas why?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 139
What is the model number of the CD player?

Username: Braddawg22

Post Number: 2
The CD player is a Pioneer Premier DEH-49. This morning when i got into my truck, i could see the numbers and stuff on the faceplate, but its very dim and you can only really see it in the right light. Could it be this dim do to a resistor on the Battery wire? If so, should i cut the resistor out? or should i reduce the value of the resistor?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 141
Ah, good, I thought you had a trashy brand like Dual. And all Dual does is leave behind a trail of dead units, scratched CD's and sorrow.

Most likely what happened was you lost your backlight...they are fairly easy to replace and I think you can find replacement bulbs on ebay for a good price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us