US AMP

Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 3
I bought this amp(usa 2000X) last month from a friend. Now i dont know what sub to buy. I want some with SLP and SQ? Any suggestions

Post Number: 4
Any suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 86
Well from what I've heard on here, JL's are good. I have Volfenhags even though everyone on here makes fun of them lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Just don't buy Infinity...it sucks hardcore.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Or Sony, Pyle, Pyramid, Bazooka, or anything you can buy from Circuit City for that matter. Although I dont think CC sells Pyramid or Pyle, I heard they aren't good either. Some people mentioned about an RE X X X subwoofer as well. I think it was www.reaudio.com . Heard MTX was decent. I dunno listen to a lot before you buy if you are skeptical.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1610
I would get two REXXX 12's with that amp it would sound very good. and no infinity does not suck they are a decent middle line company

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
OH, a very good name (regardless of what some may say) is Cerwin Vega. Nice quality gear in my opinion. Not really overpriced though. If you go with them wait until their Stroker Pro comes out NICE SUB! Supposed to be out this year some time I believe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Eh, Infinity was once a good company, but anymore they've gone junky as to what they USED to be. Polk is the same way. Might not be junk as compared to Sony, but compared to their former glory, it's junk.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1324
1. Infinity doesn't suck hardcore.
2. I'm glad you've finally come to your senses about sony.
3. I don't think that amp would work the greatest with the X.X.X, that amp puts out about 2000 watts. I'm sure you could use it with the x.x.x, but I think it'd be overkill

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1325
If you did do a x.x.x I'd go with what James said and get 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Well only one thing to add about Sony. My Sony bookshelf speakers give me the great flat bass response I like for a low price per pair. I'm sure their are better, but if you run enough good systems, you can get good sound. As compared to their Pioneer counterparts(they are ported), they blow them out of the water in sq. But hey, I can live with the fact that their car stuff sucks, but I tend to give different things a chance before I say "Ok, the car stuff sucks, so everything must suck!"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Wait, and get the STROKER PRO. I wish I could afford them, but I know they are great. Heck, even the Stroker is good. Cerwin Vega ranks up with JBL and I bet even competes with the JL's. Only the Stroker model could prolly compete with the JL's though. Their other models are very nice, but not overpowered.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the info. I am going to call my freind and see if i could trade. Will the USA 2000 work best?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
http://cerwinvega.com/products/mobileaudio/index.html
Here's an idea of the the Stroker's are like.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1331
What do you meen see if you could trade? I thought you said you bought the amp. That's a really nice amp by the way. Please get something good for it to push.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
I'm gonna keep pushing the Strokers. I wish I could say they were out though. JBL has some nice 5000W peak subs. HEHEHEHE....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
I've got it Loc, get like 3 Sony P5's. That will give you the same quality as any JBL, or JL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
(Waiting for Joe to notice that.)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
The Sonys put out 1200W!!!!!!! 3 of them would give you 3600W!!!!!!!!! Isn't that nifty? Just remember to reinforce their cones with a titanium lining!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
How many posts til Silver Member??????/

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1617
Hey TB just a little piece of info for ya dude since you were just pushing JBL. HarmonIndustries makes JBL and guess what other line they make as well? Infinity.! When we reffer to sony being garbage we are not talking about sony as a whole because some of their home audio and Home theater is great stuff like the ESS line. Their car audio dept is Junk! you were right about Cerwin vega they are very nice also. And I know your smart a$$ comment about the sony subs was to get Joe all fired up but the fact is I doubt you are worth wasting his time. He knows a hell of a lot more about car audio then you do and I think that should be noted when you make your final decision LOC_OUT! Also that amp is an incredible one dont be foolish and get rid of it get subs to match it and believe me when I say it is underrated and it would push 2-REXXX's nicely

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Harmon as in Harmon-Kardon? They are pretty nice. Regardless though, they don't as much effort into their Infinity line then. Seems as if their JBL line gets the goods. I was only joking about the Sony subs. SHEESH. I do however know a lot about audio. Primarily home audio, but a lot of things cross over believe it or not! I know that a good home audio system should sound exactly like being at the concert seeing the artist live. With the exception of the studio editing. If only Carver made a car audio line. I think they make such good home audio gear, that they wouldn't want to be put in the same light as car audio. A lot of people don't appreciate car audio as it can be an annoyance to a community. Now home audio, hehehe, I've never gotten a ticket for and I guarantee I get more Db out of my home system than any of your car systems!

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
As well as the SQ!

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
None the less I'm still installing a car audio system. It won't be as nice as any of the ones you guys have I'm sure, but I DO know GOOD sound when I hear it. What I'm installing has good sound for all the more I'm in the freaking car lol. I just mostly want to see Circuit City's face when I take in my Volfenhag stuff and make them cringe at the fact of losing a sale other than install. Especially the hom-o who works there who tried to sell me 2 12" Verge's and a 100W RMS Bazooka amp, a 100 buck wiring kit, and install for 500 BUCKS! Screw them!

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Since when is h-omosexual not an accpetable word? The people who run this forum better watch, they could get a lawsuit for descrimination!

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Since when is h-omosexual not an accpetable word? The people who run this forum better watch, they could get a lawsuit for discrimination!

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
And before someone takes that the wrong way, I'm not g-ay!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1335
You've hit more db's in your house than any of us have in our cars? Wow, that must be some home audio system. How do you keep everything in your house from rattling apart? You do know that if you hit as many db's as some people here can, then you'd most definitely have blown ear drums and could even be dead? 160 decibels can stop a human heart, I'm sure less than that can do some serious damage.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
Well, do you think I stay in the same room with it HECK no lol. I do however rattle a lot in my house. Each room in my house is no smaller than 20ft.X20ft. Considering that just my stock car stereo puts out 100Db, I know that my stereo is insanely louder and more powerful. And with the size of my house it is hard to rattle it apart, but I did almost knock over the China in the China cabinet in the dining room under my room from the bass hehehe. Although, I didn't just about die from the Db, but rather my mother's rath. Humor me, if you guys get up to 160Db, how are YOU not dead?

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
Oh, by the way, this is just my play around system. By sometime this summer I hope to get my dream system. The Carver Power amp with the 6 pairs of Advent AS2's. Then I guarantee it would put your cars to shame!

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Not even at full potential, my system after short periods of time has left my ears ringing, sort of like short term titinius(spelling of that may be wrong).

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1338
I was just using 160 as an example, I'm sure there are very very few people here that could hit 160, maybe only 1 or 2. BTW, they don't sit in their cars when they are hitting numbers that high. 160 db's wouldn't come from anything intended to be a daily driver system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
Yea, 100Db alone is enough to make you miss a red light and get run over my a mack truck.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1620
no its not. believe it or not most new stock systems can hit hte 100 DB mark

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 282
one of my buddys has his 99 S10(daily driver) hitting 156's...i think he averaged his DB's at like 154.1 or something but thats crazy loud for a daily driver...too much for me anyways. but there is always a bass knob..lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
I just SAID that they could hit 100Db, and that loud is enough to BE a DISTRACTION while driving. Does anyone ever think past their nose?

Post Number: 6
I called my friend and asked him if I could trade in my usa-2000X for a usa-2000. This amp will have less power would it still be able to push 2 RE X X X?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1690
if I remember corectly the only difference between the two is that the 2000x is stable at 1ohm. They put out the same amount of power.

Post Number: 8
Will a 1 ohm stable amp work best with the RE X X X?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1692
with one yes. with two you dont need it unless you specifically ask for dual 4ohm voice coils which you can get for an extra like $30 but if I were you I would get the 2 dual 2ohm subs run them in series and yield a 2ohm load pushing an underrated 1000/sub.

Post Number: 9
Okay thanks so keep the USA-2000 not the 2000X right? and get 2 12' RE X X X 2 ohms right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us