Statement for all members

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 83
this is not an attempt to slash, bash, crash, be crass, or trash anyone in here who gives advice to the ignorant (having a lack of knowledge).

I just ask all of the experts and tech-sperts in these rooms (you know who you are) to not be so condescending, cynical, and sensitive to the sheep who look for a shepard (including me) when it comes to car audio.

I would like to say that most of in here are adults and would like to be treated as such.

There is no purpose of trashing the products that others are buying because it does not fit the upper class of components that the "audio elite" recommend.

I would be safe in saying that 90% of us in here is asking for cut and dry advice, not the lousy choice speech about the products given, unless they want a recommendation. All of us in here are stoked, jacked, and hyped-up about car audio and need a place to show their enthusiasm.

Only those that ask for the "what do you think about this?" answer should get it. I have fallen suspect to that and had verbal altercations in here due to that.

None of us need anyone to hold our hands in here like children (although some of in here are and/or act that way), but a simple, "hey, let's make what you have sound the best it can" attitude. I know that it is hard for some in here to grasp the fact that "they want me to give them advice about this sh!+?! I'll just tell them to get better sh!+ !"

We all ask for advice in here, but flat out most of us are pretty content with what we have. otherwise, we would not get Audiobahn, Sony, or Kole Audio (my brand) clan members that throw up "gang" signs about their products.

If the products we have are lousy and total crap, just say, "Good for you!! Glad you like it." and keep the uncontrollable laughter outside of the screen.

I know big dawgs, it is hard to see people waste their money, but hey at least it is not yours!!! Smile people!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 94
well said

thanks,

in search of bass

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4413
context is the mitigating factor here.
if someone says "I need to know how to set gains properly on my audiobahn amp" I'm happy to tell them how it's done without a word on my thoughts about audiobahn.

If someone says, "my cuspid amp caught fire. what's the problem?" or "what do you think about this amplifier?" they're going to get an honest answer about why the products are trashy.

most of the product bashing I see or even contribute to is really brought on by the person asking the initial question or someone suggesting something that's crap.
not just for spite.

Unregistered guest
are cuspid amps trashy? lol i need honest answer

Mr Twig
Unregistered guest
Um, yes they are. They're integrated circuit 20watt amps labeled as 1600w units. If you're looking for s h i t, then that's what you'll get. Trust me, I've disected and done some cross referencing to find out exactly what drives these things.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 427
Here's another 2 cents worth. I think I spent 4 cents so far!
If people on here remember that it is a free forum and no one gets paid for helping, maybe they'll remember to be more polite and courteous. It is so easy to say so and so is stupid for buying such brand J(see it everyday), but through mistakes and challenges, we get a little smarter and wiser.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5940
I like the kids who hear brands like TRU, Brax, McIntosh, and Zapco, and they think it's all crap because they've never heard of the companies.
Then, sight unseen, they spount off about how their Kicker or 2fast2furious system would blow that stuff away. heh

yeah when an amplifier (say, a Brax at $3,400) costs more than the value of the car your parents bought for you, there's a good chance you've not heard of the company. *laugh*

Silver Member

Post Number: 460
Hey Glasswolf, why don't you list all the best brands/models once and for all. That way anyone looking for the "best" can refer to your post.
Sounds like a good idea?

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Post Number: 34
i found this on another board. i do not claim to know anything about anything with car audio, so i have no way of knowing if this person's opinions are accurate. i'll leave it up to Glass, Isaac, and the rest of the experts to validate this list. just thought it might save you guys some time by ammending it rather than typing a whole new one.

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
oh yeah, if you go up one level to this page:

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

looks like someone put some time into making a reference source for newbies. like i said, i dont know enough to back the accuracy of this person's opinions but i thought maybe if Glasswolf, Isaac and the others agree with what it says, then they could use it to refer people to instead of having to answer basic repeat questions.
i would like to hear some opinions on this source from those of you are experienced in this subject, because as a beginner i have been using this as one of my sources for info, but i use this board the most for reference because the guys on here seem to be the most knowledgable pros that i have run into at least. hope it helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i just notice for the first time that the author of the above referenced threads is Glasswolf. in that case, they are accurate. thanks Glass:-)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5952
<--- Kiki.
I wrote that list.
it's been moved now to the FAQ area of www.caraudiocentral.net now

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
Hey That is a good list, now hopefully everyone will read it and stop asking the same question over and over.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 39
thank you again for the advice you have given all of us, Glasswolf. you are truly a valuable resource on this board.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5959
the list isn't all inclusive, and there are always exceptions to the list. it's subjective, but its a good start.

if you doubt any of the entries, feel free to question them and see if I need to update stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 48
that is a great begining Glasswolf. I myself have been doing car audio for at least 4 years and spent countless amount of hours either in shops or reading on the web. I have learned that People here can be rude but every place you go someone negative will always stand out. at the begining we have all spent money on brands that we did not know anything about or got sold by a good salesman. It is all a learning curve that will be follow by many others to come. But I think that if this forum is trully used as a teaching forum it could be great and not turn out to another
LiL John blew my L7's for example.

I say keep the knowledge comming from people like Glass and others that I would mention by name but have not gotten to know yet so no disrispect ment. This can be a great place for learning and teaching. And If I can contribute to this I will answer trully and wisely to others that are trying to learn.

Anonymous

how can these cuspid usa people give such a trashy product but still say that it is a 1600
watt model

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 155
I'm guessing that Genesis amps are up there with the "highly recommended" stuff, right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us