Inf 6000CS blown out 1/2 hour after install!!!

Unregistered guest
About 1/2 hour after install one of my infinity 6000cs is blown out.(4 ohm 90 w RMS / 270 w peak) I'm driving it with an infinity 7540A amp (111 watts RMS at 4 ohms) with xover set to pass 100hz and above. Do you really think i could blow out the speaker with only an extra 21 watts rms! What do you think? I think it was a defective speaker and plan to return it for a new one.

Bronze Member
Username: Sanchez5888

Post Number: 31
I think its your fault for pushing the speakers too hard after they were only installed for 30 minutes. Especially since you knew you were overpowering them. Infinitys 6.1 perfects can handle 111 watts rms, not their reference line. Break the speakers in first next time

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3439
What do you mean blown? Like burnt voice coil blown, or mechanical damage blown? You likely set your gain incorrectly and sent the amp into clipping.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1745
It is pretty rare for speakers to blow from clean power. It is due to overloading with distortion/clipping. I never trust Alpine/Infinity amps. They are a bit over rated IMO. You'll be much better off with PPI's art series/PC/PCX or Orion's HCCA amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us