Sub box

Bronze Member
Username: Doug_w

Post Number: 11
I was wondering if any of you pros out there could build me a custom box for 2 12" Image Dynamic IDQ subs. I would have no clue where to start so I'm gonna get it professionally built but they're so expensive. So I was wondering if anyone could do it for me for a decent price? respond to this thread or email me at Dweems01@charter.net

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I can get a sub box from big dog car audio that will cost me about $52 shipped but that has .88 cubic feet per chamber but on the Image Dynamic website it says that the recomended sealed box volume is .65 - 1.00 cu.ft and halfway (which I figured is what would be optimum) would be .82 cu.ft. Now if I get a coustom box its gonna cost me at least $150 or I can get the $52 box from big dog. Would that be alright or should I spend the extra money on a custom box. Would I really here the difference between .82 cu.ft and .88 cu.ft box? I've spent most of my money on subs amps and components so I would like to get the box for as cheap as possible unless it is really worth the extra $100+.

Silver Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 116
you won't be able to tell the difference between .82 and .88 cu.ft.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
So what would you do? would you just go with the .88 cu.ft box for $52 vs. the .82 cu.ft custom box for $150+? Also is it true that slanted boxes are better than square boxes? i read that on a post here one time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us