What size box???

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 54
alright i just got my 18" avalanche and now i got to build a box, by the way i have a ppi pcx1500 amp, im gonna go sealed and i was thinkin 6 cuft i cant go much bigger than that do you think that would be good or should i go smaller or bigger

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1416
I think the 18's take pretty big boxes. Like 5 - 10 sq ft. You gotta tell us how it sounds when you get it all hooked up man. I'm gonna be getting a 15" Avalanche, (eventually.)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1663
yeah Robbie I want to know how that sounds. My brother in-law has wanted a avalanche 18 for a while now. I went out to dinner with him tonight and he got into my jeep so I put on a older DJ magic Mike cd. I have moved my bax around a little just to see what kind of SQ difference I get and I have ended up in the sub firing up towar the roof so you can really hear every note nicely. He said it sounds amazing it was like the deeper it got the louder it got. I said yeah I know. then he said I have never heard a sub hit all of those notes with such authority without a hint of distortion. So we came to the conclusion that there is no need for an 18 it would be tooooooooo loud. on my way home I threw in some old 2-pac and after about 5min I was almost home my ears started to hurt. seriously hurt I had to turn it down. I have never had to turn a system down before. I think I am getting old but I dont knw this sub is pretty amazing. I wish your ears the best Robbie they are going to need it lol :-)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1419
God, I think I'm having withdrawls from bass. I can't stand driving around without my system for much longer.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 55
i used to have 2 15" L5's not that good and i wanted a lot louder and i couldn't afford 2 15" avalnches, and i didn't want just one. plus who else do you know has an 18" lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us