PLEASE HELP MY AMP WILL NOT CUT ON PROPERLY

Anonymous

I recently bought a 1200watt sony xplod amp last november. To date, it has only been used maybe 2 months if that. About a week ago I bought a new subwoofer and hooked my system back up. After I ran the power wire, ground, remote, and RCA wires the sub was bangin. The sub and amp worked perfectly up until today; only after a week of being played. I went to crank my car and my amp just wouldnt cut on. I unhooked all the wires and checked all the fuses on the power wire and on the amp and they are fine. The only way my amp will get power is if i put the remote wire in the remote terminal and 12V terminal at the same time with only the ground to the amp. I thought maybe i could keep my amp powered this way but for some reason when the amp is powered this way the sub doesnt hit near as hard and sounds bad. I dont have a clue what is wrong with my amp it was workin perfectly and now it wont cut on unless the remote is in the 12V terminal. Is the amp messed up? Do i need to run all new wires? IS the remote wire the problem? please help. me1.JPG

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 21
Sony amp. there is your problem. if you run your remote wire using your 12v wire, ur going to mess things up more. what HU are u using? did you check your connections there?

Anonymous

My headunit is Pioneer DEH-P6600 and no I havent check the connections there yet because Im scared to mess with anything because i dont want to make it worse. But connections at my headunit would mess with the amp??? ( Yea, I dont really know much bout this kinda stuff.) But by the way, after the problem yesterday with my amp i think a fuse blew or something because the headunit will not come on now. I am goin to have to end up taking it to the audio place to get it done correctly but I was just wondering why the system is doin this. And yes ive been told that Sony amps are crap.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 526
if you take it up to that audio place met me know on this thread what exactly was wrong if you can

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 114
if you blew the fuse for your HU, it is easy to replace. just look into the fuse box (usually accesible from the inside of your car) and replace it. its probably a 10A fuse.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 31
yeah check the fuse on your car, and the fuse behing the deck, under the wiring harness (10A) . I suggest you do this first before going to the audio place...they will charge u for labor, and like 5 bucks for the fuse. (10cent fuse)

Anonymous

I checked the fuse to my headunit and it was blown so i replaced it with another 10A fuse and its working perfectly but as far as my amp not being powered on ...that is still a problem. I thought maybe it was just the amp i have maybe is messed up or something (Sony Xplod Amp) but I have a second amp and it will not power on either. The second amp hasnt been used hardly at all so there is definitly no reason why it would be messed up.

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 115
did you happen to check the fuse under the hood? also check your ground wire. if that doesnt work it may be your remote starter wire. if you dont know what your doing, then maybe have a professional take a look at it.

Anonymous

Yes i checked the fuses underneath the hood. And as far as i know the Ground is okay and the remote seems to be okay cuz when i touch the 12V terminal with the remote wire, the amp gets powered on...i really dont know what could be wrong so therefore i am probably going to have a pro look at it

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 529
one of my buddies is having the same exact problem with his stereo. let me know what was wrong

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 530
bump

Anonymous

I TOOK THE AMP TO THE NEAREST PROFESSIONAL AUDIO PLACE LIKE I SAID I WAS GOING TO DO....HE JUST SAID THE AMP IS NOT GETTIN POWER TO IT...HE THINKS IT BLEW UP..BUT THE FUSE ON THE POWER WIRE NOR THE FUSES ON THE AMP BLEW..SO IM STILL CONFUSED...IM THINKIN MAYBE SOMETHIN MALFUNCTIONED INSIDE THE AMP BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET IT FIXED...WOULD SONY TAKE THE AMP BACK AND REPLACE IT OR FIX IT??

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 48
I had an RF1200 A/B that fried. Got power in, signal inn, but no power out. Speaker output diode DIED.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us