Help me pick out an amp to go with my Kicker 12" L5

Username: Willnrika

Post Number: 1
Ok i just bought the 2005 Kicker 12" Solo Baric L5's and I really dont know what type of amp I should hook up to it or how many watts it should be so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know it would really help me alot. Thank you all.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1559
Light a big fire and do me a favor go throw it in! I'm just kidding for that sub you want like a jbl bp 600.1 or an mtx 600.1 or a kicker 600.1 something along those lines.

Post Number: 2
Ok also tell me what is the difference between 2 ohms and 4 ohms. And which is better?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1569
well dual 2+4ohms gives you the option to wire your subs AT DIFFERENT IMPEDENCE'S THE LOWER THE IMPEDENCE THE LESS RESISTENCE ON YOUR AMP. OK SO IF YOU HAVE A UNREGULATED POWER SUPPLY THAT PUTS OUT 500 WATTS AT 4OHMS THEN AT 2OHMS IT WILL PUT OUT 1000 WATTS. DUAL 4OHM SUBS CAN BE WIRED AT 4OHMS IN A SERIES OR 1OHM IN PARELLEL BUT NOT ALL AMPS ARE 1 OHM STABLE SO YOU HAVE TO BE CARFUL WITH THAT. DUAL 2 OHM SUBS CAN BE WIRED AT 2OHMS IN A SERIES OR AT .5 OHMS PARRELEL BUT ALMOST ALL AMPS ARE NOT STABLE MONO AT .5OHMS. THESE #'S i HAVE POSTED APPLY TO A DUAL SUB SET-UP LIKE THE ONE YOU HAVE. iF i WERE YOU I WOULD GET A KICKER 1200.1, OR A jbl 1200.1 AND GET THE DUAL 2OHM VERSIONS BUT IF YOU ALREADY GOT THEM THERE PROB ISNT MUCH YOU CAN DO UNLESS YOU CAN RETURN THEM. SORRY FOR THE CAPS I HIT IT BY ACCIDENT AND BY THE TIME I REALIZED IT I DIDNT FEEL LIKE GOING BACK AND RETYPING THE WHOLE THING.

Post Number: 3
Ur confusing me cause u just told me to get the kicker 600.1 or the jbl 600.1 and in this post ur tellin me to get the 1200.1.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1583
at first I thoughtyou had sub then I realized you had 2.

Post Number: 4
would it hurt if i got the 600.1 instead though

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1589
you would be underpowering them by a lot. they are 600 rms each
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help