Sub for a truck

Anonymous

i was wonderin if 1 10" audiobahn high excursion sub that has 600 rms capability w/ a infinity reference amp wired up to 2 ohms w/ 657 watts rms runnin to it would sound good in a single cab s10? Or what would be the best 10" sub for a single cab truck like that? And be leniant on the price range..i have about 600 to spend. thanks

bobbyisthaman
Unregistered guest
well if i had a pos s-10 then i would definetly go with 6 re audio 15" X.XX like that guy off of www.realmofexcursion.com he is my hero as far as pos s-10s with bangin systems goes.

Anonymous

hey u kno what bobby ur not the man so u can go jump in a hole

bobbyisthaman
Unregistered guest
well atleast i am not affraid to admit that i am the man, when your too much of a puss.y cat to even post with a real name. gott'em

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1475
Hey Anon, In a way Bobby is right REXXX is a great product. I would recomend RE over Audiobahn everyday of the week and twice on sundays. There are many better options then Audiobahn. Just let me know what space you have to work with,and your budget and what type of music you listen to and I will try to help you out.

Anonymous

well there isnt much space, im thinkin like a max driver depth of around 6"..and i rely dont want to spend the kind of money that RE will cost me. i listen to mostly rap..a little punk rock and rock here and there..but mostly rap. I have a friend who has audiobahn in his single cab ranger and it sounds good, thats y i was leanin towards audiobahn..but if u have any other options for me id love to hear them thanks

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1478
ok the problem with audiobahn is they have a very high failure rate so I tend to not recomend them. If you want to look into a pair of subs that will rock those audiobahns in SQ and SPL then look into Image dynamics IDQ they are a low Q woofer that only require about .5cu/ft so they would be very nice in a single cab truck. The CV v-max's are nice subs as well but just a step under the IDQ's in my opinion.

Anonymous

ok i appreciate it..do u kno of any websites that i can find those ID subs at? i hav heard alot of good things about ID so ill check them out.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1480
www.imagedynamicsusa.com check them out on Eay you can find good deals just make sure you buy the right voice coil configuration to match your amp.

Anonymous

hey james have u ever heard the IDQ 10's? they have them at cardomain..the frequency says 10-150 Hz..thats crazy i havent seen a sub thatll go that low. Whats a decent amp thatll give 250 rms to both but without spending alot..like no more than 250 prolly.

Anonymous

and what would would u recommend...dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm....i wanna wire them up at 2 ohms..i dont kno much about wiring subs so any help would be nice.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1482
get 2 dual 2ohm 10's or 12's and wire them in a series at 2ohms whatever you want the 12's will give you a little better low end extension. as far as an amp maybe the alpine m501 I think that amp is 500x1 @ 2ohms and Rob Fox has one for sale so you might want to talk to him. Also look for any amp that is 500 watts @2ohms or 500 watts @4ohms and get the dual4ohm subs. Find an amp first then get the subs to match it. I would look for a amp that is 500 watts at 4ohms that way you have room in the future to upgrade and give yourself some overhead if you want something bigger.

Anonymous

hey thanks i appreciate it man. ill definately keep that setup in mind. do u have any other subs in mind? i jus want to keep my options open...but i rely like those ID subs

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1487
yeah atlas 12's by ascendant audio. www.ascendantaudio.com very nice!

Anonymous

yea and what do u think about polk momos..ive heard good things about those also. I heard 1 10" before and it sounded prety good..do u have any comments on that sub?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1488
yes they are nice I have always like polk but the IDQ's and the atlas' are better

Anonymous

ok..and on that IDQ...i want somethin thats gona hit prety hard..do they hit hard and geared towards rap? or not

Anonymous

ok..and on that IDQ...i want somethin thats gona hit prety hard..do they hit hard and geared towards rap? or not

Bronze Member
Username: Dropthedeuce06

Post Number: 23
dude get 2 10 inch jw Wo's. they are slim subs and hit hard. i know it might sound like they wont but i have 2 in my single cab truck and you can hear me comin from down the street. i have 100 watts goin to both and they slam for jl's entry sub. my buddy has 2 idqs and if your lookin for sound quality get those but the jl's hit twice as hard.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1563
no dont get those. Get either the cerwin vega v-max's,IDQ's or the atlas 12 they will all toast the JL w0's and I am a big JL fan that is just their bottom of the line sub and in my opinion isnt very good.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 287
I squeezed a 12" X.X.X into my standard cab Ranger. The passenger doesn't have a whole lot of room but what do I care? I'm still comfy and I get boom ;) Less people ask for rides too haha

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1570
hahahahaha Jake I used to have a single cab truck and I had two 10 in bazooka tubes behind the seat it was so uncomfortable but it sure did slam:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us