Amp for 6 speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Point78

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 12
Hey everyone i have 4 4x6 inch speakers at 60watt rms and 4 ohms, and also a set of 6.5 inch compenents at 90watts rms and 4 ohms what kinda sub should o get 4 channel or what and how would i wire 6 speakers to a 4 channel amp or do they make 6 channel amps? any input would be welcome

Bronze Member
Username: Blindmp2

Post Number: 18
why do u wanna devide taht much watts to 4 speakers and a sub, , just get another amp for a seperate woofer, trust me that would be better, thats how i have mind set up

Bronze Member

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 14
sorry i ment to say what kind of AMP shuould i get 4 channel or what and how would i wire six speakers, i already have my two subs hooked up to a seperate amp
my bad

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 30
you can wire 2 pair in parallel off of one channel, but you'll have to add an 8ohm resistor to keep it at 4 ohms. i'd think it would sound funny though. theres an example on the jl web site unter tutorials.

jl makes a 6 channel amp, but its only 45 watts X 6 at 4 ohms. thats the only 6 channel i know of.

are you trying to make is a true 6 way system or are you just looking for loudness?

Bronze Member

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 16
well i dont really know this is how the truck came when i got it, i added my subs and there is already and amp to the 6 speakers but it is only 2x 30watts and i am upgrading and would like a little more bang to keep up with my subs if you know what i mean, i was thinking may be i should wire the four 4x6's together and have the component set by itself may that will work.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1668
You can buy 4 channel amp that's 75w - 125w rms. Most of them are 2ohms stable in stereo mode, so you will be able to pair up the 4x6 speakers with channels 1 and 2. Then power your other 2 speakers with channels 3 and 4.
If you're into sound quality, then look at Zapco/Arc Audio/Xtant/US Amps/Orion/JL/PPI brands.
If you're trying to save money, then try Audiobahn/MTX.

Bronze Member

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 19
i could wire the 4x6's together to equal 2 ohms but the 6.5 by them self would be 4 ohm can i have 4 ohms on two channels and 2 ohms on another channel

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1689
Yes it'll be fine with 4 channel amp.

Bronze Member

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 20
kewl thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts