Need help please

Username: Jdmarquis

Post Number: 5
I was hoping to get some help/advice on how to go about wiring 2 15" audiobahn subs (500rms each,DVC4ohms)with an audiobahn A8002T 2 ch amp.Also, the amp specs say that it is 1/2/3 ch operation (mixed mono). What does that mean exactly? I just want to power the subs only with this amp...in a sealed box. I'm new to this.Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 162
Well for the subs, get the Audiobahn A8000T. I love how people think 2 subs = 2 channels.

Daniel White
Unregistered guest
yah, the A8000T is a good choice. You can get it for way cheaper($199) than retail($250-320) with free shipping at onlinecarstereo.com.

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
You can get it at Ebay for 150 with a 1 year warranty shipping is like 20-30 I think.

Post Number: 6
Yeah, I now think I should of got the A8000T but I don't think I can return it. Will it make that much of a difference? If I can't exchange, what would be the best way to wire what I have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
Well, you could bridge it if it is stable to do so, but that will double both distortion and heat products. If not, pray it is 2 ohms stereo stable, and wire each sub for 2 ohms, giving you the greatest amount of power to each sub.

Unregistered guest
how do i test a 120 watt 2 channel equalizer? just to see it works

Post Number: 7
Well, it says it is 2ohms stereo stable so hopefully that is true. But would there be any sq difference between the 2ch wired as mentioned and the 8000t mono? I purchased too fast huh? dammit

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
Well, I'm not much on determining the SQ of car audio amplifiers, just home audio. I'm going to venture to say though, that the 2Ch. amp will not sound terrible, but since it is in stereo, the sound will vary from each sub to sub while playing music. In other words, one sub might be getting all the drums while the other gets all the low end guitar and bass, whereas mono combines all of that into one signal giving it equally to both subs. Stereo could also make it difficult to watch for overexcursion for reasons listed above.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Well Corkey, you could hook it up to a home audio receiver/amplifier that has a tape monitor.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
what is that and how do i do it?

Corkey
Unregistered guest
is it an old skool tape player?

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
No, you don't need a tape player, does your equalier have Inputs and Outputs for Left and Right (White and Red)? If so, get any type of receiver/amplifier with a tape monitor(youll know it when you see it there will be a tape monitor knob/button) then run the equalizers out to the receivers in, and receivers out to equalizers in. Then make sure you have a song playing and hit the tape mon button/knob. Play around with the settings on the eq and see if it sounds different, JUST DON'T BLOW ANY SPEAKERS!

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Also, remember that you should never run more than one equalizer to one system, as it causes an oscialltor effect that can damage speakers to heck and back and back again!

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
OSCILLATOR I BELIEVE!

Corkey
Unregistered guest
you use words that i dont get like what is oscillator? and what is that thing i need to hook it up to and where can i get 1?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us