Yet another Audiobahan horror story.....

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 392
A buddy of mine that is going to mardi gras nats w/ me ordered 4 15" immortals a while ago. He got em in thursday, and blew the dust-caps off of all 4 in less than an hour...(yea, i know he should have broke them in first...i wasnt there though) the dust caps were really crappy (flimsy plastic is what he said they looked like), and the glue wouldnt hold for nothing.

He went through 4 15's in less than an HOUR!!! Oh well...it doesnt look like he will be competing at mardi gras nats. He said the store was gonna swich them out for cliff audio 15's, have any of you messed w/ cliff? i havnt heard much about them.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrrogers

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 33
whats a dust cap

i have a friend who has 1 cliff 15 its ok i just isnt a dub

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 114
the piece in the center of the cone of the sub. keeps dust from getting between the pole piece and the voice coil. also looks better with one and probaly increases surface area.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 561
alot of subs dont have these do they?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 118
99% do. On subs like your Ti or a w7 or xx.x, the dist cap is part of the cone, on subs like mine, or the brahma, they are a separate visible piece that is glued on.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 563
oh ok lol...thats why i was confused...cause on the Ti w7...so on....its just a single piece...so i didnt understand lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us