Comments on my setup?

Username: Chinaman_87

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
hey i jsut bought a system and i should of came here to ask soome quesitons first. did jl audio come out with a new amp? the name is total? i was pressured into buying a system which is partially my fault. the system is in my profile

2 12jlw3v2
a total 500/1 amp
ported box plus installation
rca converter do i need this if i have a stock headunit?

for 700 is that a good deal or did i get ripped?if jl didnt come out with a new amp what company is total from?

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 50
If the system is new, you got a helluva deal. If it was used and in good cond, it's still a great deal. Unless your stock HU has rca preouts you're going to need the convertor if you hope to install the amp.

I haven't heard of a total amp from JL, but I haven't really seen their new line-up yet.

Username: Bginamercedes

Post Number: 2
why do you say i need a convertor???
and that amp puts out 500Watts but it is 250 a sub and there all new, just the amps is used.

my head unit is a alpine CDA 7873 and it is good stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 40
hey if its a aftermarket head unit you dont need the converter.. if it has rca preouts on the back you just need some rca's.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 58
larry, sound like a good deal as long as that amp is working fine , wait is that a jl audio 500 slash 1? if so thats a great deal. the jl 500/1 retails for 700 by itself

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
well heres the thing the seller told me that it was a new amp from the jl line but ive been searching around and i cant seem to find it. i was a little suspicious when they only charged me 180 for a 500/1 amp from jl? if this isnt a jl brand what brand is this. any information would help. thanks adam the setup is all new and i get it all installed on tuesday i was having buyers remorse but you guys said i got a good deal.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1311
is there any way you can take a pic of it and link me to it? I would really like to see it if possible.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7456
www.jlaudio.com
if they make it, it's on their site.

ask JL directly.

you need the RCA adapter on your stock factory OEM radio because they don't have RCA outputs for line level signals.

good subs.

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 6
ok i went back today and the guy told me jl makes them but its their lowest model? i guess its like a branch of jl? but i emailed them to ask anyways. also i talked to a sales rep and iw as like i dont feel satisfied with my setup for the price i paid so he was like we'll take a look at your setup tomarrow and see what we can upgrade (cause i was going to work). so im going to ask for 4 gauge wires and a jl box. ill let you guys know tomarrow is the big install day!.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us