Whats the best sub and size for rock/metal music?

FR34K
Unregistered guest
i have heard good things about Image Dynamics and Diamond Audio. My budget for a sub is <400 . Would a 10 incher be a good application for rock/metal or should I go for a 12 and what model is best for SQ and speed? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1235
10" or 12" would work well.
the 12" will hit a bit deeper.
what sort of vehicle is this for, and how much power can you give the sub(s)?

FR34K
Unregistered guest
well my vehicle is a 1999 honda prelude and i have an mtx 6500d amp. its birth sheet rates it 604 rms at 2 ohms.

FR34K
Unregistered guest
my memory fails me
heres the birth sheet for it, how do the specs look? is that high of a harmonic distortion bad?

... it wont let me post my scan of the birthsheet, max upload size 1 kilobyte?!?! huh?

anyway, its rated 12.5v
4 ohms: 405 rms s/n: 114 thd: .25
2 ohms: 615 rms thd: .316

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 155
i would reccomend e12a.22 from elemental design, its about $300 but its an awesome sub...dual 2 ohm tho so youll hav to find a way to work with that

Bronze Member
Username: Yhammack

Post Number: 16
If you decide on the Elemental you better hurry up and order one! They're changing their cone design and coming out with a whole new line of subs. B1, B2, and B3. No more K, A, or O series. And these are a temporary line until the go through the rest of their parts. Then who knows..... Maybe good, maybe bad.

FR34K
Unregistered guest
its too late, they arent selling any more A series subs, and they are not making any more flat coned subs either for their next generation. i dont understand that. i wanted to get one, loved the design, why are they doing that???

anyway, i was bumping around resonant engineerings website, and they say they built the XX X sub for "ultimate sound quality". Is this true? I always thought the XX X was for spl.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I actually exchanged some words with Ben at ED. Things might actually be looking pretty good in a couple months. They have their "B" series line that are just some budget subs to have fun with till they release their new line. A.V2 and such is in the works. They plan on keeping the mesh cone design on the A series, the reason they are changing is because of vendor issues. Also heard they may have some monster sub in the works too. I would keep my eyes peeled, don't count them out just yet! Also the B series subs are dirt A$$ cheap and have decent parameters.

FR34K
Unregistered guest
Well I still dont understand what kind of vendor issue it is that would make you change your design? I mean, raise the price or lower the price. Do what you need to do to make your vendor happy and obviously pass the cost on to the consumer just like every company does. But to change the design that your company is pretty much known for and built around only contradicts and undermines your original design. It obviously is not worth it to them to keep the original design, so that says to me it must not have been all that to begin with.

That said, i believe they are doing what they feel is best and I respect that. I just dont agree with it.

Also, i thought I'd let you know that after some research i have just ordered an ADIRE AUDIO BRAHMA 12. The XBL2 motor and flat BL and CMS curves sold me on it. That is exactly what i am looking for: killer SQ. It just so happens this thing can also pound, which i dont mind either :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I'm not loyal or anything but just to get the story straight, eD's vendor change is due to supply and demand. They are selling more subs than they can produce. The vendor is taking way too long to supply them with parts, so I guess they're switching to a different vendor. That's what they said anyways.... :-)

Can't go wrong with that Brahma, my buddy has one ported with around 1100wrms running through it. Dayam it sounds good. And it's only in 1.7 cu ft, if it were in like 2.2 cu ft ported, whoa, insane. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us