Question about pre amp outputs please help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 24
My Kenwood head unti has one set of pre amp out puts on the back that say rear above them, and then there is a wire that comes out by them and splits into another set and it says front above it. i want to get a 2 channel amp and need 2 sets of preouts so is it ok to run the amp with the set that says front and set that says back?? im really confused on this anyone that can help it would be appriciated!!

Username: Mr_chicken

St.pete, Florida Usa

Post Number: 7
the one that says front is more for mids and highs because u may have a onboard eq or crossover for that deck,the other set is for mids or rear (bass) so it can vary depending on what your deck has.

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 26
Would i be better of getting an rca splitter for the preouts that say rear and if i do do that will my amp lose power?

St.pete, Florida Usa

Post Number: 8
no your amp will not lose power from a slitter and i use many of them in my cadillac fleet, i had a 4000w,1600w and i was using about 4 all together w/ monitor n line driver. that wont hurt at all. but if you have a 2 channel amp all u need is 2 of the not all 4 unless the deck only has one each. for each set there should be a red and a white (right n left)

St.pete, Florida Usa

Post Number: 9
but if you want to feed your amp more signal use a line driver,they say more signal at imput the better if its clean, check your thd level on the box of your head unit if its .05 or lower you can use a small line driver and because of more signal it will seem as if your amp is louder because it will have a higher signal to use, but the power of the amp will stay the same. ok

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 27
thanks alot for your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us