Engine whining coming through speakers....

Zach K
Unregistered guest
Hi, I recently completed my system... got new speakers, amps, subs, everything. It all sounded good until I started to put thing s back together and such like putting back the head unit and putting the dash back on. Now when I turn on the car, I hear a certain whine and when i rev the when the whine rises and falls in tones with the revs. I can also hear when the head unit starts a cd or somethin through the speakers... this is all frustrating the heck outta me... what do i do!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 344
Usually a poor ground does that. Try grounding your headunit and amp to a different ground.

Bronze Member
Username: Dubdw7kota

WILMINGTON, NC

Post Number: 22
also move ur rca cable away from ur power wire... thats what caused mine... and ground as well...

Bronze Member
Username: Krijgy

Smithfield, Virginia United states

Post Number: 66
yeah like matt said, run your remote and rca cables down one side of your car and your power wire down the other.

fafsa
Unregistered guest
that used to happen to me too, i fixed the ground and everything and it did lessen the problem, but the way i completely got rid of it, i bought an active crossover and it cleaned up the signal coming from the rcas, now it just sound super clean
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us