Need help with this.

basshead
Unregistered guest
Alright i have decided that Im going to get two twelve inch v-maxes and power them with my brutus 1500d amp that i already have. The v-maxes will be in a ported box. I have two questions really. I have heard a lot of systems with bass that just hits deep and you can really feel it, thats the kind of bass that I want, which is why I am upgrading my system. I was just wondering if my system would be able to beat that hard where you really feel it deep in your chest in my 1997 taurus or if I should save up more money and get better subs.

My other question I probably should have posted in the speakers section but I just decided to put it with this one, but I don't know much about component speakers so I was just wondering what kind of speakers I should put into my car with this system. Im not looking to spend more than 150 dollars on components. All help is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 145
Ii think taurus's come with componet sets stock because my dad has a componet set in his 94 Taurus SHO. So just find the speaker size and read around. You could look on cardomain.com and see what people have in theirs.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 764
Measure all the speakers on your car first. Tell us the sizes, and are you planning on running that off a head unit, because 150 isn't gonna cover components and an amp to run them.

Username: Basshead

Post Number: 1
Would it sound good running off of the head unit or should I get an amp? I just meant I wanted to spend like 150 on the actual speakers Ill spend more on an amp to power them if they don't sound good off the head unit.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1117
what size speakers do youhave? I dont recomend running components off a deck you need a amp to run them.

Post Number: 2
I looked it up on a ford site and it said that the speakers are 6x8's in the front and the back.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1127
go to www.crutchfield.com and look up a few different 6x8's pick one in your range and go to ebay and see what you can get them for "buy it now"

Post Number: 3
alright thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us