Why so much smack about companies?

Anonymous

i dont get it guys, if the sub isnt jl audio, or mtx, or eclipse, or brahmas, or x.x.x. or whatever, you guys have something bad to say. i mean i've heard only alot of good things about audiobahn, rockford, infinity(yes, even the reference series. i mean, audiobahn has a sub thats rated 2000 watts RMS isnt that good compared to a jl that puts out about 700 watts RMS???????? explain...

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 849
I dare you to buy that 2000 rms audiobahn and run true 2000 watts rums through it. Please video tape it. Then we can show it to everybody that asks the same questions you just did, and they will be answered.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 312
hes right...the amps and subs we talk about here are reliable...best, top of the line equipment here...yea audiobahn and rockfords are amazing for beginners...but when you get into things like we all here want to then we start suggesting HGUE THINGS..and yes...if your on a spending limit..then we will suggest the best stuff you can buy for the money you have...but some companies just darn right dont make that great of stuff

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1158
Its all about reliability not power handling my friend. I am happy you like Audiobahn its people like you that keep them in business. Untill you find out for yourself that there is much better stuff out there. That Audiobahn sub chances of it making a year in a daily driver are slim to none. I have some JL subs that are 9 years old that still slam like the day I bought them. Thats what we recomend good products not garbage. Especially to people on a budget. Why would we want to recomend them something that is going to be worthless to them in a year if it is in the garbage can fried. We recomend products that have good customer service and good reliability so that when we say get this sub we are confident that it will still be in your car a year or two from now still slamming away.(provided it is hooked up properly) but thats out of our hands we can only recomend decent products to people like you.

Anonymous

i have two infinity reference series 12" DVC subs are they good?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3344
"i mean, audiobahn has a sub thats rated 2000 watts RMS isnt that good compared to a jl that puts out about 700 watts RMS???????? explain..."

Not really. Subs don't "put out" 700W RMS, they take that much power to produce sound. The 2000W RMS Audiobahn subs
1. Are overrated
2. Can't perform up to snuff with subs requiring half the power

So essentially, you're paying for a sub that is extremely power hungry and inefficient, yet still doesn't surpass the JL (example purposes) in SPL or SQ. It's ironic because the whole reason people buy these subs is because they're cheap, yet you have to spend more money on amplifiers, alternators, wiring, and other accessories just to get the same performance out of the subs as you would a lower powered more efficient sub of another sort. I could glue a voice coil capable of taking 100,000W RMS to a 2x4, it still wouldn't sound good or hit hard. The engineering is what produces good SPL or SQ, not the power handling capabilities. Audiobahn, etc. don't make the worst subs, but their low end stuff absolutely sucks and their high end stuff, while ok, still isn't anywhere near top of the line.

where is he?
Unregistered guest
what happened to glasswolf, i though he knew more than all of you combined????????

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1160
lolololololol! Jonathan my wife is sleeping right next to me and I almost woke her up by laughing at that 2x4 comment. good one man.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 314
he knows a ton...but i believe Jon is Master Certified along as Glass...and simple as this...Jon will still own all of our minds lol...dont ever doubt him

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1166
to answer your ? the infinity reference's are avarage subs. Better then most Audiobahns. maybe not louder but better in terms that they will last you a while if they are treated right.

Bronze Member
Username: Dubdw7kota

WILMINGTON, NC

Post Number: 23
i used to ask the same ?... my g/f has 2 mtx8000 series 10s in her car, i used to think them subs were awesome... while not gr8 subs, they still are good sounding for the price i paid (120 for 2, shipped). now while i was skeptical that JL w7s were oh so gr8 subs... i decided to try them out for myself... while on a budget i went with just one 10w7 and one 500/1 amp... and just one sounded much clearer and hit just as hard as my g/fs 2 mtxs... so then she bought me another w7 for xmas and i purchased another 500/1... and ever since ive been pretty stuck on jl lol... id say its the cleanest and loudest system ive had all at once... while not the loudest in the city ofcourse, its got some gr8 sound quality to it... and thats what i like... clean, clear, hard hittin bass... :-) so until u experience it for urself, ull probably be asking that ? for some time... im sayin that from experience, :-D

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 327
exactly i went through kind of the same thing as matt...I started with 2 Kicker Comp Vr's in a perfect box for them...and i thought it was soo clear...of course comparing it to my friends sony's lol...and then i decided to sell them and i bought a few things...thinking the kickers owned them...which they did..and then i got myself a 10 inch eclipse al....OMG the bass hits soo perfectly...not huge SPL cause my box is a piece caues i fed up on building it lol...and trust me...what your thinking...its ten times worse...want pics lol...its just soooooo amazingly clean..i hope my new setup will be like that...or hit HUGE NUMBERS

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1218
it should hit high #'s

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 52
Let me see your 10, is it the newer model aluminums

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 331
its the 8100 its for sale if you want it lol...i cna try to get a camara phone pic cause ic an send it on the net...but tahts it...i cant get a real naice pic of it lol...but the box is a piece..ha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us