Ground wire, where to connect?

wc
Unregistered guest
Give me some places to connect the ground wire on an amp.

Username: Jaywolf

Post Number: 2
i connected mine where my trunk latches. Under any metal bolt would be a good place

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 286
I cleared the paint off under the carpet and drilled a hole and used a bolt. Also make the shortest possible ground connection. This is for high-current amps though. If it is a small amp then durans idea is okay.

wc
Unregistered guest
Can I run the ground wire out from the bottom of my door so I can connect it to the fram of my truck?

Bronze Member
Username: Vaio

Post Number: 30
make a hole on the car for the wire go to the fram of the car and that is a great GROUND that where i have my ground at

wc
Unregistered guest
So I am going to have to drill a hole then, I cant run it out the door to the frame.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 679
no dont drill a hole. just find look under the carpet and find a bolt, usually there are a lot towards the back d=seat area, and just bolt it on there. not too hard, just takes a lil patience

wc
Unregistered guest
Aight coo, see thats what I needed to know, so just find a bolt and connect it there.

ukmg
Unregistered guest
So no need to drill hole?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 695
no not really. just pull up your back seat and you will find an assortment of bolts just try a few and youll get a good one, eventually

wc
Unregistered guest
Aight thanks, so under the seat on a bolt is good.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 358
Make sure you sand off all the paint around the bolt. If you dont, you prolly wont get a good connection.

ukmg
Unregistered guest
hey what happens if you dont have a good connection?

wc
Unregistered guest
I dont know

Username: Urshitsuxs

Post Number: 1
don't put it on any sub-frame areas. You need a good "solid" ground that no other wires are grounded to. Also, with your car running, check your battery voltage. Next, check the voltage at your power and ground where you have your amp installed. The voltages should be real close. If not, you have a bad ground.

wc
Unregistered guest
What would happen if you have a bad ground, fry your amp?

saffron
Unregistered guest
EH more like it wont preform up to par and if you crank it to make it preform cheap amps may heat up and fry

ukmg
Unregistered guest
So a bad ground will fry up your amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us