Alpine cda-9813 problem...

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 41
hey, i'm having a problem with my head unit and can't figure it out, maby someone on here car help.

i have the Alpine cda-9813 and it keeps turning itself off and the face plate closes (just like when i turn off the car, but without the deley)then turns right back on and immediatly off again....(repeat)...till i turn the volume down before it shuts off again. this only happens when the volume is turned up past 20.

it did this before then i changed sub amps (Profile pos to JL audio) and it stoped. now theres nothing in my car but the head unit and the 6.5 speakers in factory locations because i'm working on a new system set up and it started shutting off again.

anyone have this problem before or have an idea why its doing this??

any suggestions would be great

thanks

Unregistered guest
Howdy, I have the '98 5.9 liter JGC limited, with the 10 speaker infinity gold system. I've replaced three door speakers, but still can't get the rich and deep bass that it used to have. I just took a spin in my buddy's '02 JGC limited, and his six speaker infinity gold system was PERFECT. Whats the deal? Isn't this the same system, but my four extra speakers are allegedly the added bonus? How does his sound so dead on, and mine is sheisse?

WHat can I do (and how much will it cost) to make all ten speakers bulge with rich and deep power? Do I need to go outside of jeep/infinity?

Additionally, I am interested in the new GPS face plates which are standard in 04 and 05 JGC. Can I fit this unit into my jeep, somehow? WIthout making too much of a mess?

Thanks so much for your help. I'm a roadtripper, and having great sound is just so important!

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 134
there could be a wire short somewhere, maybe a wire got cut somehow. it could also be something with your remote starter wire, when you took out your amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us