Best Subwoofer company

Bronze Member
Username: Vwbug1971

Warren, Nj

Post Number: 24
Without an issue of price, list the top 5-10 subwoofer companies and their best model. 12' Subs is what I'm concerned with.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 629
It's a lot of preferance I might mind you, it depends on how you consider a company "good". I would look into

JL
Eclipse
Resonant Engineering
Adire Audio
Image Dynamics
Digital Designs
Elemental Designs
Ascendant Audio (supposedly, not much known yet)
Treo
MMATS

There's more too but I can't think.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 716
adire-talmult, brahma, PARHTENON(175mm of xmax)it just a motor though, and its 6k
dd-9500 series
re, MT, X.xx, the prototype( 5 inches of excursion)(im going to pull out a loan and get one when they come out, go to www.realmofexcursion.com and go to re prototype
id-id max v4
atomic-apocolypse
eclipse, ti ti pros
jl-w7
memphis mojo
tc
incriminator
soundsplinter
too many

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 418
i never thought memphis was that great does anyone have a mojo woofer? and what are those last 3 i have never even heard of those are they just factory direct brands?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 717
well in spl wise i would the mojo a great woofer. ive seen 1 15 do 162 at the dash, not sure what mic, but it is crazy, so i would think that is a pretty good woofer, spl wise anyway. the last 3 are just very underground brands make great products though

Bronze Member
Username: Firni7845

Canada

Post Number: 13
what about MTX? is it considered a 'good' company? where does it stand? they make pretty good subs as far as i know but i dont know anything about other companies. how does MTX compare with the rest?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 736
honestly, there best sub wouldnt be too high up. but there amp are awesome for the price. i think i take adire as my top company though, but the rest are not far behind

MTX
Unregistered guest
I have two old sundamaged MTX Thunder 4000 10s that have been siliconed, reglued and repainted. Even though they are beaten to all hell they still give a good punch. The SQ isn't too great but then again the subs are not in perfect condition. They suprise me everytime I listen to them and everyone else who has heard my system. You can pick up the Thunder 4000 for around $30 so they are great subs for the money. Its a little hard to find because they are discontinued now. They now make "roadthunder". But I like them and I'm adding two more. Just remember its not just the speaker, the box has a lot to do with it. I've got 1.86 cu.ft sealed per speaker so that would explain why it hits really good on the low end. I'm afraid to port it and really hear the distortion from the old subs :X.

Username: Sound_maniac

Post Number: 8
Depends on what you want. Sound Q or SPL?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Hunter on the adire web site for that thing says its 10,000$ non refundable =/
Id like to see one in person though, maybe with XBL^2 tech? :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us