Ohm Wiring Need a little more help

Username: Xlvnloud

Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1
I've understood the most on wiring, but I just got 2 new subs and I think instead of getting dual 2 ohm I should have got 4 ohm like my old subs.. Heres what I have that I want to see about.
My amp is a Kicker kx1200.1 1,2,or 4 ohm. I want it running at 1ohm and the subs are both dual 2ohm is there any way possible that I can get both together to go at 1ohm? If it's not, I might add one of my dual 4ohm subs in and that way I'm pretty sure I can get it to 1ohm. See if anyone can help me out..

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 97
nope you can run it paralell to get 2 ohms or you could run it in series to get .5 ohms i think, and i dunno if that is safe with that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 626
I woudln't advise running it at .5 ohms.

Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2
What about with 2 dual 2ohm subs and 1 dual 4ohm? can't I get it at a solid 1ohm?

Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 3
I got 1 Dual 2ohm and 1 dual 4 ohm, does anyone see a way to get it down to 1ohm without me having to add another sub?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 223
ok i gotta a question since it pertains to the same thing as this thread lol...i have the same delima...kinda ....i have a eclipse al DVC and it says like 3.1 Little weird horseshoe sign..and my amp is an interfire IB2900C amp it goes down to 2 ohms...how can i wire this sub to 2 ohms?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us