I need 2000w at 1ohm...what should i get???

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 349
hello peoples.

i wanna get an amp that will give me bout 2000wrms at 1ohm, but i can't make up my mind what what amp to get. help me out here guys.

i'm selling off my brahma 10" and my jbl bp1200.1 for $430+shipping. if anyone wants it, i'm starting over.

,marshall

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 840
is it in a encosure? if it is what type and how big?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 841
as far as a 2000 watt amp Orion HCCA 2100 will do the trick at 1ohm. it is rated at 1600 rms but that is at 12 volts it should have no prob doing 2000 at 14.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 350
james,

i'm selling it without an enclosure. however, for like $30 more i'll build one (vented or sealed) to Adire's specs and send it w/ the sub and amp.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 849
I might be interested. let me think about it.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 700
i would be interested in your amp if it is in a poor mans range, ill trade you, a hoo.ker and 20 bucks for it. just specify if you want a male or female hoo.ker

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 351
sorry hunter,

i dont need one. i kinda wanna sell the sub and amp together so i will have some money to put on a 2000wrms amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineblaster

Post Number: 52
i have an Orion 2500D thats rated at 2500WattsRMSX1 at 1 ohm that im selling if your interested its brand new still in the box with 2 yr warranty never been used

Bronze Member
Username: Nwdmax

Post Number: 19
nelson,whats your price?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineblaster

Post Number: 53
700$ you wont find a better price than that i garrantee it go ahead and think about it though if you like then ill give you a contact number and we can exchange info k?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 714
oh come on marshall, i tell you what ill make it 50 and ill wear a wig for you, and ill do steroids but not work out so i have b!tch t!ts

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1558
Do you have alternator that can cover 2000w rms? That is a lot of power. At that range, the speaker terminals will have enough voltage to shock you, especially at bridged mode. So be careful.
As for the amp, Zapco has C2k 9.0 model. It is rated 2000w but you will get much more. Last time I checked on eBay, it sold for $900.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 352
Isaac,

I prolly dont have the alt power...yet. I'm running an alterstart 180A alt. I also have a stock alt that I am going to rebuild. I wont be running full tilt all day, just for burps.

I may just go w/ something bout 1600wrms. I have been looking at cadence amps, a buddy of mine just got a zrs9. He seems to like it on his immortal 15", but i havnt heard it yet. I'm kinda iffy about cadence though. I called up their tech support to ask about the z7000 (rated for bout 1600w+ @1ohm). They claimed that its max current draw was like only like 120A. Isnt that like 110% efficient? lol...Anyone have any "real-world" specs on cadence amps?

oh, and hunter,
its tempting...but i'll have to pass. lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 1560
Just curious, how can you stand that much power pounding inside your car? I have 1800W amp and so far 200W shakes the crap out of the car. I haven't been able to get past that without causing damage to tail lights/mirrors/muffler.
As for Candence amp, with 120A fuse, I don't see how it's going to give out 1600w rms. It doesn't add up. Reminds me of Sony and Pyramid ads.
You know which amp actually gives around 1600w rms? Orion HCCA 275G4. That amp comes with 180A fuse.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 353
I have a 98 ext cab chevy silverado. I'm not totally sure how loud i'm gonna be w/ 1600wrms. I'm pretty sure i'm going w/ 1600wrms now though. I ordered an X.X.X.

I could play the brahma 10" on the bp1200.1 and the back wall of the cab would flex bout an inch. I havnt broken anything though. And the cab holds the sound in very well.

I thought the 275g4 was rated at 1200wrms @1ohm. Is it what under rated? Are you thinking about the 2100g4 maybe...they are rated at 1600wrms @1ohm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1561
No Orion HCCA 275G4 is stated at 1200W rms, but that is with 12v. In your car it's 13.8v - 14v. This will boost the amp's power numbers. You should be able to get 1500w - 1600w rms. Unlike some cheap amps, this is real power. This is why I like the HCCA G4 series.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 354
Isaac,

You wouldnt happen to know where i could find one of those 275g4's would ya?

I got to thinking bout it and i wondered if a hifonics bx1800d or bx2200d would do the trick. I really wanna find some "real-world" info on the hifonics amps. I know they are both overrated, but I'm not how much.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 355
****not SURE how much***

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
Finding 275G4 is as hard as trying to find gold. People that have them, rarely sell it. It's one of those amps that were designed with perfection in mind. Can't believe the features it comes with. It not only has great slew rate, SN Ratio, damping factor, channel separation, frequency bandwidth, it's also .5ohms stable in stereo, 1ohm in bridged, it also has crossover for LP/HP and bandpass, separate phase shift switch for each channel. On top of that, the power numbers are for 12v, not 14.4 like most RF and Kicker brands use.
I'd never use Hifonics products for high power application. You see, any time you go above 1500W rms, you're dealing with high voltage. On the speaker terminals, there are enough juice to shock you. So you will want a brand/product that you can trust.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 356
I know what ya mean...hifonics has always been a real iffy brand in my eyes.

I know that the G4s are great amps, but I doubt i'll find a 275g4 any time soon...lol...I just didnt realize they were that underrated. They are few and far between.

When you see them...bout how much do they sell for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1567
Last time I checked they sold for $400. That is still a bargin. You try and find an amp that's almost 1600w rms with all the features I listed. It'll either cost you couple of grand or doesn't exist.
It's a shame that amps like that had to be discontinued. I'd buy those amps any day. The same for PPI's Art series.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 897
yeah the PPI's are great amps as well but they are only stable @ 4ohms mono thats their downfall. Great great mids and high ams and if you are running a 4 ohm sub very nice as well but when you drop it to 2 ohms it draws serious serious power and it isnt recomended by PPI.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us