Gauge Wires for this Install?

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 343
Can someone Let me know the offical way to finish this install with the correct gauge wires for everything. IM running a jl 1000/1 amplifier for my 2 12 or 13w6v2's. IM also running a ppi art 300.2 amplifier for my componants that are 150x2 rms. The total current draw will probably be 1000-1200 watts. Depending on which subwoofers i go with. Should i upgrade my alternator? If so what gauge wire should i run alternator to battery and battery to amps and so on... Glasswolf or someone that knows please help me finish this project. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 559
Mo 4 guage should be fine, 2 would be even better if you don't mind spending extra.

FYI I am running 0 guage for a JL 1000/1 and 2 JL 300/2s, and that is probably a little more than I need.

As for the alt question, see how bad your lights dim at normal listening levels. Thats about the only way to know if (you) need one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
I hear it helps to upgrade to a bigger gauge for the big 3 known as the alternator to battery to ground etc.. even if you dont upgrade your alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 561
yep

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
thought so..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts