Subwoofer pops???? why is this happening????

Username: Firni7845

Canada

Post Number: 8
hi there, i have a problem with my system. when u turn on ur car you get this 'pop' from the subs, anyone got that before? that doesnt bother me, what bothers me is that while i drive, during playback i get this loud 'pop' from my subs all of a sudden. its so annoying and i dont know how to fix it. and sometimes its so sensative that whenever i go over a bump it 'pops'. i have clean grounds and everything. dont know what the problem is. is it my amp, my rcas? i have mtx 1501d mono amp and mtx 15" 8000 subs. could anyone help me out please. i would appreciate it

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 227
thats what u get for buying mtx lol :p
i dunno i remember my subs did that a few times when i first got them hooked up but it stopped.. i also have 2.5 speakers that will pop if the volume gets to loud.. it could be to much power to ur subs but i dunno your subs are 400 rms 500? and u prolly got it hooked up at 750 watts each with that amp.. im just assuming this tho maybe someone else can help u better and how do u have everything hooked up

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 640
Do you leave your cd player on all the time? If you do then the pop from turning the car on isn't anything to worry about. Sometimes speakers pop when they recieve an initial current. Our computer speakers pop every time we turn them on and turn them off. And when I do accidentally leave my cd player on, and turn the car on my component speakers do pop sometimes. Can't really explain it, but it happens. Your other problem sounds like a bad ground or a loose connection. Check every connection in your system, and if you can't find anything it could be a connection in your amp.

Pascal
Unregistered guest
You should check your head unit ground. If it pops when you turn on or turn off your head unit, you have a bad ground.

Canada

Post Number: 10
my cd player turns on and off when the car turns on. when i get a pop turning on the system, thats explainable because there are products that are made just to avoid that but i dont know why i get pops while listen to music. thats just weird. the last time i installed everything i made sure everything was tighten securely. i dont think anyone gets those stupid pops while driving. im driving and all of a sudden this big BOOM. i'll try scrapping some more paint and see how it goes.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 12
To Mark....yes those subs have 500rms and 1500w peak power and my amp gives 750w to each, but i dont think it has to do anything with giving it too much power. As far as my setup goes, i have a 0 gauge wire coming from the battery into a distribution block and from the block i have 4 gauge wire giong to a capacitor and from there to the amp. i have a dist. block becuause initially i was gonna install my 4 channel amp with it but i have no luck wiht it, i cant get rid of the alternator noise. so i just thought i might as well leave the dist. block there cuz it doesnt really matter. i have 2 different grounds for the cap and the amp. i dont know i think maybe its my rcas. i have those 4 channel hyper series stinger interconnects. maybe if i upgrade to dream series or something it mihgt work and i might get some luck with my 4 channel amp as well.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 232
alternator noise eh . did u run your rca's and power on seperate sides cause that will cause it.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 14
i have everything the way its suppose to be. i did the install myself and then when i was unsuccessful with the 4 channel amp i unhooked everythign and took it futureshop thinking that i might as well pay them to do it professional and get it done with but they couldnt do anything, worst of all, they blamed my amplifer when that amp is brand new from MTX. rcas are on the other side. I dont know what seems to be the problem, i just feel like giving up now. i had it enough! one problem after another. i have read websites after websites but they all say the same thing. how far exactly should my rcas be from the power wire in my cars rear?

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 233
as long as u run your power on say the left of your car and the rcas on the right it should be fine,, maybe it is your amp it could be faulty.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 15
i doubt it cuz before i had mtx 1004 and it was doing exactly the same thing. i bought that used so i thought maybe its the amp so i ended up selling it. the person who i sold it to said that the amp worked great??? meaning that there wasnt anything wrong with the amp itself. then i bought this new amp and its doing the same thing. i guess its just my car, maybe it cant handle too much power, maybe the alternator is weak. who knows but i highly doubt its the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us