Zapco vs. arc audio vs. orion

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 77
out of these three brands of amps, which does everyone think is the best?? zapco reference series, arc audio (either XXK or KAR series, not sure yet), or orion? any input from anyone is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3231
I'd personally do the Arc XXK, then the Zapco Reference, then the Orion (not sure which one you're talking about).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
thanks jon. i found the arc and orion at really good prices at "cbrstereo.com". do you know anything good or bad about this site by chance? any experience with it?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3232
Haven't deal with them. Maybe someone else on the board has, though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
alright thanks. just one more question about the amps for now. i was lookin at the arc audio 2100XXK for the mb quart premium comps. and maybe a zapco reference 500/1 for the 12 inch RE SE sub. do you think that would be a good setup? if not, any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3233
It would be a great setup, I doubt you'd have any complaints.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
thanks a lot jon. i may save up some extra money and get those better amps after all. one more thing...should i go 2 or 4 channel for the comps? i keep getting people telling me both, so i'm not totally sure. that arc audio amp is 100w to 2 channels at 4ohms. is that good for the components? or should i be looking at 4 channel?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3236
2 channel. 4 channel is really a waste on passives IMO, if you did the 4 channel route, the best way to do it is with an active crossover so you can have control over every driver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
so the 100w to 2 channels would be good for those components? i'm sorry, i just want to make sure before i start buying things.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1539
If in the future, surround sound is in the picture, then 4 channel amp would be better. If not, then 2 channel is good.
The only amp from Orion that I consider right up there with Zapco and Arc Audio is the HCCA G4 series. Unless you buy the mid to high end models from Zapco and Arc Audio, G4 will perform just as good, if not better. I was really impressed with them. I purchased 250G4 and 275G4.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 716
yes it will be perfect for them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
thanks a lot everyone for the posts. i think i may lean towards the arc audio amp for the comps. and the zapco for the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us