Sounds like my sub is breathing

Username: Alpinetaco

Post Number: 1
Hi all. My setup is a Planet audio 400watt amp with an Alpine Type R and a Pioneer 2500. There's this weird problem with my sub. It makes this sort of hissing/breathing sound even at 0 volume. When I turn off my cd player this hissing goes away. Any idea what this could be?

Interference/Grounding maybe? I hope it is something minor. But if something would happen to be wrong with my cd player I wouldn't mind because I want to get a new one anyways.

Sorry it's not really a hissing but it sounds like if your air conditioner were on high. Weird huh?

Thanks for all your help.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 567
How loud is this sound, and is it noticable when you crank the volume up really loud. Sounds like electrical interference. Do you have your rca's running right next to your power wire? Do you have really cheap rca's? Is the amp grounded properly, and is the headunit grounded properly?

Username: Alpinetaco

Post Number: 2
It's not noticeable unless u sit in silence, and you cannot hear it once u crank up the sub. All that should be proper because I've had my setup for over a year and this has just started happening. But I just put in the Alpine Type R a few days ago so..I dunno.

guess I'll take it to my local shop and have it looked at.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 576
It could be something getting old, or a connection getting a little bad or something. Doesn't sound like anything serious.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us