Alternator Question

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 164
Ok guys my car cant handle what i have right now so i wanna go with a huge alt and put it on my car just because incase i ever upgrade if im giong to change anything mise well go big so i dont have to change it later right lol...but if i get a new alternator how much will this cost me? and how much will it cost for labor as well and who would be the best person to go to for this? and what size should i go with a 300 amp or what is the biggest and best...and what are price differences...any way i can give them my old one to save money??????lol....any chance i could figure out how to put it on myself lol? thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 138
I got one mail order from http://www.mralternator.com but it was a 160 amp, paid about $120 shipped but that was through a group purchase on a ZR2 forum. A local shop charged me about 20 bucks to install, it is easy to do but I am not mechanically inclined so for that little I felt better having somebody that knows what they are doing put it in. There is also another major alternator online place but I don't remember the name of it, I don't know about a 300 amp, that is pretty big and the mralternators only had 160's and 200's for my vehicle. There are also some sellers on eBay that look good, for example,
dbelectrical they have good feedback and a warranty on the alts, I think.

My old one was shot but I still got 7 bucks for it on eBay, I guess there are people who want them to rebuild. Not much but better than just throwing it away........

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 394
Take a look at 4alterstart.com see what you can find on there

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_mcfarland

Palm desert, Ca Usa

Post Number: 40
i hve 2 300 amp alternators and they were about $330 a piece.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 167
i emailed both companies im jsut waiting for a response now

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 197
how big of an alternator will i need?....and how much would it cost...and could i install it myself...i know pretty much about cars lol...but also...i wont need a new battery will i?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 522
try motorcityremen.co

I think soembody said they got one from them and it was fine. They qutoed me $129 plus shipping for a 160 amp alt. for my sunbird.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us