Tuning problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 34
I have a sony CDX-L410X hooked up with a pioneer gm-x1040 with a small JL sub. I had this set up minus the head unit in a different car, and it rocked the car pretty well. However, right now it seems like its barley hitting, and it only starts to hit hard when the music is up loud, the only problem is that it makes the other speakers in my car distort. Does anyone have any suggestions. I believe the amp is a little more powerful than the sub can handle, although im not sure because i don't know the specs on the amp. Thanks for any help

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1481
Check your speaker wires for reversed polarity. Also check your gain/level control on the amp. It has to match the HU's preout voltage.

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 40
How do i check the wires? I switched them around connecting on the sub and they were right. I don't know my HU's preout voltage, since i have no manual for it. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1501
Most average HU's are 4 volts. So set the amp to that and see if there's quality sound. Do not put the gain/level to max setting. It will most likely blow the amp.
You might also want to check the subs individually.
Search google for your HU's brand and model. You can always go to the manufacturer's website and ask for support.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us