NEED HELP CHOSING AN AMP

Username: Braveheart32

Post Number: 1
HEY GUYS I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT AMPS, SO I WAS LOOKING FOR YOUR HELP. MY HEADUNIT IS A DUAL 7500 MOTORIZED CD PLAYER. I HAVE INFINTY SPEAKERS IN THE FRONT. KENWOOD SPEAKERS IN THE REAR. AND I AM INSTALLING PIONEER 240WATT 4 WAY SPEAKERS 6X8 IN THE REAR WINDOW. ALSO I WAS GOING TO HAVE INSTALLED AN EQUALIZER. SO I THINK THE BEST AMP WOULD BE A TWO CHANNEL FOR THE PIONEER SPEAKERS IN THE REAR WINDOW. SO I WAS LOOKING FOR AN AMP FOR THAT BUT UNDER $150.00 SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK. WHATEVER YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD DO PLEASE LET ME KNOW. ALSO I WAS WONDERING THE CAR THAT I HAVE IS A 97 FORD T-BIRD. THERE ARE 2 SPEAKERS ALL READY IN THE REAR WINDOW BUT I WAS GOING REPLACE THEM WITH THE PIONEER BUT I WAS WONDERING IF IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE 4 SPEAKERS IN THE REAR WINDOW. OR WOULD THAT SOUND CRAPPY. OR WOULD I JUST HAVE TO GET A BETTER AMP. SO LET ME KNOW AND THANKS FOR THE HELP I APRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1506
Okay, 4 speakers in the rear is a waste of money and space. What you need is a good pair of components in the front. You can use whatever 6x9 you currently have for the rears. Best sound quality and imaging is done with the front speakers. The only thing rears are good for is mid bass, unless you're into surround sound.
Go buy PPI white Art series amp on eBay. It's on sale for $150 or less. It'll sound much better than RF/Kicker/MTX/JBL/Sony/Kenwood and anything else you can think of.
Pioneers and kenwood do not make good speakers at all. If sound quality is what you're after, try Infinity, Boston, MB Quart, Focal etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us