Deck To Amp Help

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 41
umm i have a factory deck so it dosnt have any rca cable jacks.

how would i connect it to the amp. I dont know if it has a line out.

know where i could fine out whats on the back i tryed taking it out but the power cable is stuck on it so i cant pull it out all the way i can kinda see it, if i take the cable off ill never get it back on without taking the entire panel off the dash area which would be a pain

its a 1990 ponitac factory deck the casset deck no cd player.

I dont really want to buy one if i can help it.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 629
Well if its a casset player and its stock you will defanetly not have RCA out puts. You will need a concverter. Now you say you dont want to take the HU out, but you going to have to, if you want to hook up the converer. Many cars have dash portions, that you may need to take off to access the screws. You shouldnt need to take all the dash off. If you dont feel up to the task, or your highly confused, then i would take it to a audio place and let them do it. Make sure you find out which one is the best in your town. The converter is simple. You just hook in 4 wires to speaker out puts on the wiring harness and a ground wire. Here is what it looks like.

http://www.tune-town.com/installation/line_out_reducers.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Thanks alot, yah ill take it out now that i know that i can connect it but ill wait till iget my wiring get from online with the rca cables. This guy at Bestbuy told me someting about a lineout converter but i didnt really know what it was used for so i kinda put it off now i See.

ill get a converter though it seems cheaper to just get a new deck for like 80 instead of 30 for the converter but ill get the converter i think i could hook it up im hooking up my whole system as it is why not heh.

Thanks alot this helped does all harnesses have line outs on them? or just some. ill look at mine in a minute.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
K i have another question concerning this, what do i do witht he power on led calbel wire. where can i connect it or what do i have to do with it, what if i have two amps?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 630
Are you talking about the power, like the amp power, the big thick wire?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
srry i figured out the name

REMOTE TURN ON WIRE do i need this, its what powers on the amp when decks on which i do but then what do i connect it to with a factory deck and what about two amps?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us