Need opinion

Bronze Member
Username: Bigjay

Post Number: 57
Ok, I would like your guys opinion on this as I have never done any of this before. I am looking at 2 options for subs in my 2004 GMC sierra right now.

Option1 - 2 Infinity Perfect 10.1d DVC 10" subs(rated at 350RMS each) connected to a MTX Thunder 1501d amp running 750x1RMS @ 4ohms

Option2 - 2 Rockford Fostgate RFD2210 DVC 10" subs(rated at 500RMS each) connected to a Rockford Fostgate T10001bd amp running 1000x1 @ 1ohm

Unfortunately I am limited on space. The box I am going to go with will fit 2 10" subs with airspace no more than .7cu ft and mnt depth of 6.5" deep. These 2 options look like the best but if anyone has any other options, I am all for it.

BTW-I am going with the Alpine CDA-9833 head unit as well and my budget is around 1500-2000, haven't decided 100% on the speakers yet for front and rear.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 599
I would look into Image Dynamics. They make a hell of a product. Very loud and clear in small spaces. The Infinity's are good to dont get me wrong and as far as the fosgate's in my opinion dont even bother.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 650
it is going to cost you a fortune to do the hu. install. the harness for the new gms is like over 100 bucks

Bronze Member
Username: Bigjay

Post Number: 58
yeah, I know. I plan to order the HU through crutchfield and they offer a deal for the harness at $40, half off since I am purchasing the HU from them as well. I noticed that when I choose the HU. Wasn't happy but oh well, what can I do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us