Premier DEH-P550MP Problems With Random Function

Unregistered guest
I am having problems understanding the random function. It works strangely. I set it to RPT: DSC or FDR and random on, something like that, and it is only random when I change folders (this is an mp3 CD) and not next track. This is frustrating. Anyone have similar problems with their decks? I wonder if there is a universal thing about random on mp3 cd's that someone could help me with. Like, what should I do? Not make more than one folder or something?

Any help, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1126
RPT is Repeat (track)
DSC is Repeat entire disc
FDR is Repeat folder (for MP3s)
if you're not using folders/subdirectories, that won't matter.

RTFM. It helps.

Kristian H
Unregistered guest
Yes, the manual is not clear about how the random works. They seem to say that if you put it in random, then the next track button will go to another random song. But it goes tot he next higher track number. The only way random works is by shifting the folders, and I don't want to do that every time.

The repeat mode wouldn't affect random, would it?

I just assum that no matter what other mode you are in, putting it in random will make the next track, either automatically or when you hit next track, a random selection. But I am not getting this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
Random should override Repeat modes.
You use repeat or random, but of course not both at once.

maybe random is going up in track numbers at first.
skip tracks and see if they go consecutive or non-sequential.

Kristian H
Unregistered guest
Thanks. It seems that the select track button will ALWAYS go to next higher track in number, but waiting until the end of the track will go to a random track next. I think that is waht I've had a hard time figuring out. The next track button cannot do a random track, it always goes next, and the random function is only when it is at the end of the song, the next song it picks is random.

This was not made clear in the manual, and it is sort of dissapointing, but not terrible. I can set it to rough and go to the next 10 track if it is on a track I don't like. Then when the good song is over, it will be a random again, and I can skip to 10 higher if I want. Thanks for help though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
wow, how.. strange.
my current Alpine does random track up when set to mix.. and I haven't used my Pioneer in ages, so I didn't recall.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us