Dose anyone know anything about the RE MT 12 subs

Username: Urga21

West jordan , Utah Usa

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if i would be able to run 3 RE MT 12 subs off of one Hifonics colossus xx amp.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 490
I would have to say not very well. I dont know to many people who have used them. They are strictly comp subs built just for high SPL no SQ. With that power you are better off getting 3XXX run them at 2ohms and put 1000 to each.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 491
get 3 dual 4ohm coils and run them in parellel/series at 2.67 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 588
the MTs would need 1 colossus to each sub. they need a lot of power. and you would kill yourself listening to these as a daily driver. plus they arent really d.d. and requie a massive box, at least 3cubs per sub. they will reach excursion before 3000 watts if used for music though so keep that in mind, but i think that 1000watts might not be enough.

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
yea a Hifonics Colossus amp has enough wattage to power only 1 RE MT 12". Keep in mind that an MT can take a Colossus amp per coil and can handle close up 10,000-15,000 watts RMS. Besides RE recommends a MINIMUM of 2000 real, clean, and high current watts RMS to get the MT decently moving.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 552
DAMN!

Bronze Member
Username: Jldoublew7

Post Number: 24
BS MT does not requier 15,000 RMS AMPS you FVCKING moron!

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
James, In comps perhaps. there are sub just made for burping. Most companys dont tell you about the RMS for 3seconds. on my old comp i had a website that sold subs that had wattage rattings for burping for 3 seconds.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Kicker had a simular sub that weights about 100lbs 18" and could take like 15,000RMS but thats for 3seconds i bet.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 604
i guess with subs like these in these situations there is no such thing as rms. the mt will take more then 15,000 watts but as tgyk. said for howe long.....only short durations at a time.

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
James W., learn how to spell and read.....plus I said they can "handle" 15,000 watts RMS, not that they "require" that much power. If you also finished reading my post, I said "RE recommends 2000 watts RMS minimum to get the MT moving". It's ok though, cause ignorance is acceptable for those who do not actually own the product...i.e YOU! Me, personally, my 1 12" MT would crap all over anything you have in your car in any aspect: SPL, SQ, or SQL.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 85
my god there is a lot of ill-informed people on this board.

they CANNOT handle 15kw RMS, they can handle 5kw IF done right. and that is pushing it to the extreme.

Kicker has the S18X also known as the Solo X and yes it is quite loud, but people are popping them left and right with 4 kx1200.1's on em like KICKER recommends. Actually i've heard of two instances where it popped with 2 kx1200.1's. It all depends who's at the controls and their knowledge of audio.

You could run three MT's off the Colossus amp but you would not get even close to their potential.

ALSO, this is from people who own them and have heard them, including someone who works for RE, the SQ of the MT woofers isn't too shabby compared to other woofers. and MT's are not just for burping.

RULE OF THUMB: You can use ANY woofer for daily driving. This "COMP ONLY" stuff is closed-minded ignorance at its best.

I guess I couldn't use my DD 9917 for daily pssssssh

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I wouldnt suppose burping for 3 seconds would be daily driving now would it?
REAudio/subs/MT
"SPL only applications. Due to the many different driver configurations, no standardized specs are available."
they recommend SPL only.

and Ill-informed, theres no documentation to tell us they can/cant take 15,000wRMS for 3 seconds.

Bronze Member
Username: Jldoublew7

Post Number: 25
babybrock omfg u newbie.The MT cant handle freakin 15000 watts RMS LMFAO haha. U got low IQ

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
James prove that it cant handle 15,000wRMS.
otherwise grow up.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 58
im not getting an MT or anything but for others.... would a ma audio HK802SX be a better amp for the MT?... it puts out 2x2200w RMS at .5 ohm or 1 x4400w RMS at 1 ohm...

..but i do have a question... how do they fit all that power into a 23inch long amp!!??

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 619
i just have one quick q. spl vehicles, for example the pioneer truck, it has over 110,000 watts running throughit right? and nine subs..... well it isnt 15k of watts but it is over 10k. if these drivers cant handle that much power then why have that much power? (this not a rhetorical q. answer if you know why) as for the amp trevor, the powre rating on the 4000watts i believe is at like 18 volts, so it is inflamed a lilttle bit, if that is the ma audio amp im thinking it is. i saw one on ebay boasting 3000 watts but in the fine print it said at 18 volts

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
lol to all of who doubt...tsk tsk tsk...James, it is ok if you cannot afford the MT, we all understand that you have the budget and capacity of a 4th grader. Also, your two Pyle subs are ok for now...A$$hole
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us