I need a sub for under $250.....

Username: Polkmomo05

Post Number: 2
I want to get a sub that will hit hard for under $250.I was looking at the MTX 7500, JL 12w3 or a Polk momo 12.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 336
When you say hit hard, do you mean that all you want is an spl sub, or do you want it to have some sq as well?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 355
all 3 of them are decent subs I would go with the JL w3 then the MTX then the polk. They are all very similiar and should all sound pretty good given the proper power and enclosure.

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 42
Ascendant Audio Atlas 12"/15"

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 358
Good call Chris!

Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 5
Eclipse aluminum 12 its $209.99 on www.woofersetc.com great subwoofer just as good if not better than the jl W6v2

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 371
hey Tim I have a JL 12w6 in an enclosure used for 1 month for $200 if you are interested.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 346
James, why do you want to sell the Jl?
and Dankman, we git the point, they are good sub's.
We know!:-)

Username: Polkmomo05

Post Number: 3
Thanks for all the replies. I dont have the money right now though. Which sub would you recomend between the JL12w3 and the Eclipse aluminum.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 398
both are good subs I bet the eclipse will get louder and sound very good. Not bad mouthing JL I love them but they do have a unique sound to them.
Taylor I have a ton of speakers and amps laying around. Its not that I want to sell this I mean I wouldnt mind holding onto it because I like this sub more than the 12w6v2. I have no use for it and I really want to start buying some nice amps. So If I can sell it I would like to. This sub was far from abused and to tell you the truth barely used. Well I have to see if this guy I work with wants it for his S4 he just asked me what I was doing and said he was interested. Let me see how this pans out I will let you know.
James

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 379
James is it the old W6 or the W6v2. If it's the old one, is it dual 4 ohm voice coils? I think they only make the w6v2 in dvc 4 ohm. I am really interested in buying it.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 419
yes its the old one and its dual 6ohm coils.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 380
Also, what kind of enclosure is it? And how much do you estimate shipping would be on something that heavy.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 381
Crap. I was afraid of that.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 420
I am not sure the weight of it Taylor was asking me about it yesterday. I have to weigh it but as I was talking to Taylor My friend from work kinda jumped in and said he wanted it for his S4. I will know for sure by friday and if he doesnt take it I will let you both know. Its in a 1.25cu/ft sealed subzone enclosure. I also have a 12w6v2 in the saem enclosure and the origanal box and manual for it. I wasnt planning on selling it either but what the heck. I was looking to get $300 if I were to sell it so anyone let me know.
James

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 392
I would actaully be more interested in the w6v2. I just wanted to know though how much of a difference there really is between the w6 and the w6v2, as in spl and sq.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 463
there is a decent difference. hey upped the power handling and it is dual 4ohm over dual 6 so you can run an amp at 2ohms instead of 3. It is a flat speaker with no dust cap and the w6 has one. I love the sound of both of them. I have 3-10w6's in a pro wedge box and I was highly partial to JLw6's. You get high output out of them if run correctly.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 393
Yeah. The main reason I'd want the w6v2 is because of the dual 4 ohm voice coils. I can't decide if I'd want to spend an extra hundred bucks on the w6v2 though.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 468
yeah I hear ya. well let me know its no biggie for me if you want it or not man I dont have a problem holding onto it.

Anonymous

why do people say "i want a sub that hits hard and deep"? isin't that just a given?
i mean, who wants a sub that hits weak and sloppy?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us