Gettin more SPL from a Sealed box???

GlenCox
Unregistered guest
I am building a box for my two 15" subs, and i am going to build a dual chambered sealed box because they are easy to make and you don't have to worry about port tuning or anything. I was wondering how I would be able to get more SPL from the box, the subs are recommended to hav an box volume of 1.75 cubic feet each, so if I made the box volume any bigger like 2.5 - 3.0 cubic feet would I get any gain in SPL or not?

I want plenty of SPL but I don't want to build a complicated box.

Cheers

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 488
When building a sealed box you want to stay withing the manufactor specks. If you go to big it will alow your speaker to much movement, and cause problems. I would go 1.5 for each, and add 1.5 lb of polly fill if you don't like the end result. 1.5 lbs of polly will make the box seem just a little bigger than the max of 1.75 that the manufactor recomended. The reason I sugest this method is it gives you some room to play and find the spl balance that you want.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1053
from a spl standpoint generally a smaller box will yield more spl but from my experience it wont sound as clean or play as low on the frequencies especially when your talking sealed

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3176
Yep. Smaller sealed box and more power. If you want SPL, ported is a better bet, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us